Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Path of War is Dreamscarred Press new book that takes the Book of 9 Swords and brings it to Pathfinder. It is now out of playtest and I have created a whole new frame work to support the Maneuvers and Stances that are in the book and I am ready to release it to the community.

Download
If you have the community servers setup already then simply go to Updates in Hero Lab and download "Pathfinder 3PP Pack". If you don't have the community servers setup then go to THIS post and follow the one time setup instruction.

Overview
Please note this initial release has the just the Warlord pdf done. So you have the Warlord class, skill, feats, and all the Maneuvers & Stances. As it took so much time to get the Maneuvers to select right most of the class abilities and feats are NOT scripted. This means why you can activate a stance on the "In-Play" tab it will NOT adjust/change your character. But you can at least keep track of the Maneuvers you have readied and Stances activated.

Not Implemented
If a feat says "Note: This is has not been implemented yet." then the feat will not actually affect your character. The pre-reqs are in but that is all.

New Maneuvers Tab
Here is a screen shot of the new Maneuvers tab and you can see you have a selection of Maneuvers and Stances. After selecting a maneuver you can then set if the maneuver is readied or not readied.
Image8.jpg

Bug Reporting
Feel free to post to this thread with questions, comments, or bug reports. Also for those without forum accounts fee free to email me at my Forum User ID at yahoo dot com.

Also attached to this post is a pdf of an example printout of the Warlord and his Maneuvers. For printed sheets I recommend AncientOne's sheet as it works out the best.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bob the Warlord.pdf (79.7 KB, 45 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 18th, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Version
v1.3 December 5, 2014
(Shatterjack)
-Added Maneuvers from all disciplines, including coded stance effects.
-All three initiating classes are now included (Stalker, Warder, Warlord).
-Added All archetypes except the Pathwalker and Warsoul (psionic archetypes).
-All feats included, though not all at 100% completion.
-Martial Training feats are scripted and 100% working!
-Added Adjustments for characters affected by someone else's Golden Lion stance.
-Added Adjustments to add or remove an initiating class's access to a particular discipline.
(ShadowChemosh)
-Misc changes/adjustments to merge into package.
-Misc Unique ID changes.

v1.2 October 12, 2014 - Tim Shadow
-Added stalker class. (Shatterjack).
-Warlord maneuvers/stances updated to the final book text (radionausea).
-Maneuvers used by the Stalker clas added. (Shatterjack)
-Maneuvers now calculate their IL level in field[mIL].value after Post-Level/20. (Tim Shadow)
-Maneuvers now calculate their DC in field[mDC].value after Post-Attributes/10000. (Tim Shadow)

V1.1 April 13, 2014
-Fixed "Deadly Agility" feat pre-req scripts.
Note: You will get some errors when loading a character that will look like this:
Field 'wCustMonDm' is no longer associated with pick 'manPWBlBr1'
Field 'gUserEquip' is no longer associated with pick 'manPWBlBr1'

This is not an issue and as soon as you save your character these errors will not come back after. Sorry about this but it will make things much better in the future.
Data File Authoring
-This version has a Major New feature that will allow entering New Maneuvers much easier. It does mean anyone with any maneuvers they custom created won't work anymore. But in good news you can email me the .user files and I can easily convert them over.
-I added a new "tab" in the Editor for "PoW Maneuvers" now. This means entering maneuvers just became allot easier. See below for details on this new Editor Tab.

V1.0 December 15, 2013
-Initial release to the community. Most abilities are not scripted and will not apply their bonus/penalty to your character. Please use adjustments at this time to affect your character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 5th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Data File Authoring Notes

General->zCommunity->Maneuvers:
  • To enter new Maneuvers you can now do this very easily in the editor by going to "General->zCommunity->Maneuvers" tab.
  • Maneuvers "IL" (Initiator Level) is calculated on each Maneuver after Post-Level/20 and is stored in the field[mIL].value.
  • Maneuvers "DC" is calculated on each Maneuver after Post-Attributes/20 and is stored in the field[mDC].value.

General->Configurable
  • To set a new class to be allowed to take Maneuvers you need to do a New Copy against "Warlord Maneuvers" thingid.cCfgPW1. Then the only sections you should change is in the list of "Tags". You need to change ClsCountAs.cHelpPW1 to be ClsCountAs.cHelpXXX where "XXX" is the three digit id for your new class. Then each of the "Discipline.?" tags should get changed to match the disciplines your class allows.
  • The tag "UseAttr.?" (aSTR,aDEX,aCON,aINT,aWIS,aCHA) tells HL which "ability" score is used to calculate the DC of maneuvers must be set on the Configurable also.

Class->Class
  • You must add the special tag "PathOfWar.Class" to your class on the "Class" tab.
  • Spells Known Per Level controls the Maneuvers information for a class. Array 0 = Maneuvers Known; Array 1 = Maneuvers Readied; Array 2 = Stances

Tags
  • PathOfWar.HeroInit - Tells you after Final/1000 if a character is capable of Initiate Maneuvers.
  • HasMan.? - Tags can be tested in pre-reqs to tell you if a character has a maneuver of a specific discipline. So in example to check for a Iron Tortoise you can use: validif (hero.tagis[HasMan.IronTort] = 1)
  • HasStance.? - Tags can be tested in pre-reqs to tell you if a character has a stance of a specific discipline. So in example to check for a Iron Tortoise you can use: validif (hero.tagis[HasMan.IronTort] = 1)

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 5th, 2014 at 12:31 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I am also saving this section.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
One more is always good to keep things together.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:29 PM
And one more for good measure.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old December 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
This is brilliant!!!! I look forward to see how you build out the rest of this!

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 16th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asandir View Post
This is brilliant!!!! I look forward to see how you build out the rest of this!
Thanks! I had allot of proof of concepts I had to toss out the door as it didn't work before I settled on this. My plan if I can find time is to do a post in the project forum on how to use these new mechanics. How to add new Maneuvers/Stances or classes using the new Maneuver tab.

Now that its setup it's not really hard but the first time working with it a editor will need a few pointers on what stuff is doing.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old December 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thanks! I had allot of proof of concepts I had to toss out the door as it didn't work before I settled on this. My plan if I can find time is to do a post in the project forum on how to use these new mechanics. How to add new Maneuvers/Stances or classes using the new Maneuver tab.

Now that its setup it's not really hard but the first time working with it a editor will need a few pointers on what stuff is doing.
I so need this for our Pathfinder game that is currently using Bo9S that I started playing with it a bit more and trying to piece it together. Most of the scripting is beyond me I'm afraid, but I actually took a copy to another instance of the Pathfinder rules and started playing with adding Bo9S material that I need there. I can follow what you did for the most part, but a guide would definitely be helpful. So far I've added the disciplines and that's it.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 13th, 2014, 08:04 PM
V1.1 April 13, 2014
-Fixed "Deadly Agility" feat pre-req scripts.
Note: You will get some errors when loading a character that will look like this:
Field 'wCustMonDm' is no longer associated with pick 'manPWBlBr1'
Field 'gUserEquip' is no longer associated with pick 'manPWBlBr1'

This is not an issue and as soon as you save your character these errors will not come back after. Sorry about this but it will make things much better in the future.
Data File Authoring
-This version has a Major New feature that will allow entering New Maneuvers much easier. It does mean anyone with any maneuvers they custom created won't work anymore. But in good news you can email me the .user files and I can easily convert them over.
-I added a new "tab" in the Editor for "PoW Maneuvers" now. This means entering maneuvers just became allot easier.

Image1.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote