Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ml1201

Old April 10th, 2018, 04:42 PM
So its been forever since I've used this program (like almost two years), and I've figured most things out that I need to do again, save for setting the HP each level. As it is its giving my player 0 hp for their two new levels which really hurts them stats wise. I can't seem to find the tab that let's me change it, nothing in the classes tab is letting me fix it. It's also not adding proficiency from known skills in the list. I've added in the skills they are proficient with, but it's still just giving me the value of the modifier and not including the proficiency bonus. Is there a setting I need to turn on for this?
ml1201 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 11th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Have you tried to configure your character (Ctrl-K) and check down under Optional Rules -- HP Options and uncheck Don't Set HPs at New Levels?

Usually that defaults the new level hp to 0 and you have to manually input the hp. Its supposed to let you roll the dice at the table and enter a result rather than take the default 1/2 max die roll.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ml1201

Old April 15th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Ok, I'm a derp, I thought the check mark meant it wouldn't do that if it was checked. But hey, for not having really used it for like a year and a half, I'm surprised that's the only thing I couldn't fix/work around.

Edit:
Okay, so now its doing the same as just setting it at zero, but instead of zero its doing the average of 5 each level. :/ Which is what that player did, but not all my players did that. What tab am I supposed to go in to change it because going to any of the tabs I see I can't edit it, unless there's a separate tool for that? I've got the Adventure League stuff marked, could that possibly be causing the problem?

Edit 2: Yeah, its because I had marked the Adventure League thing, so that was setting it to 5 for all the druid levels. *facepalms* I was using this previously for Pathfinder, so I didn't think about it when I did that.

Last edited by ml1201; April 15th, 2018 at 05:00 PM.
ml1201 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote