Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I still don't know what to do to fix the problem jbear is seeing, though. Nothing is jumping out at me that's obviously different between the files other than the name changes that had to go in so they wouldn't conflict with the original names in the Standard files and those few other things I had to change to make sure everything was allowed to flow across columns and pages as well as changing the use of summary text to descript text. So it wasn't really a ton of stuff and I have no clue why that no power points thing would behave differently between.
Could you give me a set of steps to follow to reproduce this issue, please?
Mathias is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Could you give me a set of steps to follow to reproduce this issue, please?
JBear, can you detail what the issue is on this?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
In the editor, I went into my High Space file and in the Setting adjustment tab I checked the new "No Power Points" option and saved and did all what needs to be done to get the file to work.

I then made a character with an Arcane background and saved him. The character in the program on the arcane tab where you pick powers shows the penalty for using the power instead of a power point cost which is right, but when I use zarlors sheet it shows the power point cost and not the penalty that it should, but if I use the sheet that comes with the system it shows the penalty which is right.

If I check the "No Power Points" in the configure hero window and then use zarlors sheet it shows correctly.

For some reason zarlors sheet isn't reading that the "No Power Points" box is checked in the editors, setting adjustment tab for some reason, but it reads it from the configure hero window.

I have tried to make several characters and get the same problem every time.
jbearwillis is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Have you tested this on the regular character sheet?
Mathias is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
On the regular sheet, it works fine just having the editors setting adjustment checked.

In zarlors I needed to have the "No Power Points" box checked in the configure hero window for it to work with his sheet.

zarlors sheet seems to check the configure hero window, but for some reason it doesn't recognize that the box in the editors Setting Adjustment tab is checked, but if I use the regular character sheet it works fine. Not sure why.
jbearwillis is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
That's odd, because I downloaded zarlor's sheet, and searched for NoPowerPts. Like the normal character sheet, every time he looks for that, he's looking for hero.tagis[Hero.NoPowerPts]. I don't see anywhere that he's looking for hero.tagis[source.NoPowerPts]. So, I'm not sure what's going on. Is the material you're working on somewhere I can download it, or could you email it to me (my email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com)? I'm going to have to test this with the setup you're using to figure out what's going wrong.
Mathias is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Good to know I'm not going completely bonkers... just mostly bonkers. As for the files he is working with, High Space is an official Savage Settings file so you should be able to get the setting just using the update mechanism.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I got it to work. Had to go in and delete zarlors character sheets and then redownload them again. It's working after I did that.

Before I did that I was just downloading the new ones and having it automatically putting them in. When I deleted them completely and them redownloaded them, it seemed to fix the problem.

So sorry for all the trouble. All is good now.
jbearwillis is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 17th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Strange, but the original had 2 extra sheets that didn't need anything which wouldn't be overwritten with the newer files so maybe that was causing a problem... although I didn't think that stuff was listed in either of those anyway so... although as long as it's working I'm happy with that!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Something might have just thrown a wrench in it and when I did what I did, it straightened it self out. LOL, I agree, as long as it's working, because I love what you did to your sheets. Great Job, if I hadn't said it before and a think you goes out to Mathias for helping zarlor with it.
jbearwillis is offline   #40 Reply With Quote