Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2015, 07:34 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun 5 files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update makes our initial release of the Run Faster book available! The initial release contains everything except the three alternate character creation systems from the Construction Kits chapter and the shapeshifter races. You can add this package to your license from the "Purchase Data Package" option in the License menu, and it's available for $9.99. The remaining portions of Run Faster will be added as free updates for anyone who has the Run Faster package in future updates.

This update also adds two books from Catalyst's Enhanced Fiction line. The books Sail Away, Sweet Sister and The Vladivostok Gauntlet have been added to the Supplements #2 package, which is available for $9.99 and already contains the book Shadows in Focus: Sioux Nation. This package is not complete yet. We'll be adding the book Nothing Personal, also from the Enhanced Fiction line, to this package, and at least one more supplement or pdf after that (although the exact book depends on what books Catalyst releases in the near future).

Here's the complete change list for this update:
New Releases!

• Content from Run Faster is now available! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu. This initial release contains everything except the new character creation systems and the shapeshifter races. Those portions of the book will be added as free updates in future releases.
  • Content from Sail Away, Sweet Sister and The Vladivostok Gauntlet are now available in the Supplements Package #2! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• Applied the changes from the Shadowrun Missions FAQ version 1.3 (using a draft of that update dated 3/16/2015).
Bug Fixes

• The sludge spirit was missing its Mutagen power.
  • Adding the free spirit modification to a spirit made the initiative incorrect.
  • Watchers and Homuncili were counting against the single unbound spirit that a character can have summoned at a time.
  • The Evasion, Maneuvering and Stealth Autosofts, when placed in an RCC, were not counting towards the RCC's program limit.
  • Damage overflow was not being displayed on the In-Play tab.
  • For a Magic choice that fixes Magic at 6, if Edge was set to 6+, the karma costs for purchasing additional special attribute points were not calculating correctly.
  • Critters (like Ghouls or Sasquatches) who were given an initiate grade could not select metamagic powers.
Data File Authoring

• -
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old March 17th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
  • Critters (like Ghouls or Sasquatches) who were given an initiate grade could not select metamagic powers.

Yeah. Thank you
Geg is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old March 17th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Quote:
The initial release contains everything except the three alternate character creation systems from the Construction Kits chapter and the shapeshifter races.
Pretty good turnaround on the data, but this bit makes me sad.

Well, the chargen systems not being done yet makes me sad.

Well, not sad, just wanted to try out the mod chargen style.

Well, not really wanted, just thought it could be cool for character concepts.

Well, not really cool, more like slightly intriguing.

lol

In all seriousness, this is a great turnaround from publish to dataset. Well done.

(any timeline on those chargen systems?)
Pollution is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
(any timeline on those chargen systems?)
Unfortunately, there will be a delay. We need all hands working on Pathfinder Unchained, so I won't be able to get back to having Run Faster be my focus until at least May. I'm not sure how long the various pieces will take or what order they'll happen in after I switch back. I'm sorry that I won't be able to get you these pieces sooner.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old March 17th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the Update Mathias.

Yeah PF Unchained looks like it's gonna be a big undertaking.

Thanks!
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kelvaris

Old March 17th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Mathias that's perfectly understandable. The core stuff that modifies the game is here and I think most people (myself included) will be pretty happy with that. For the most part, character creation is a rare thing.
kelvaris is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zweiblumen

Old March 18th, 2015, 07:47 AM
SURGE is counted against in your Qualities in HeroLab. It's not listed as a Quality in Run Faster. After many discussions here on these forums I was under the impression that it (and adept Ways) worked like Martial Arts. These are things you can spend karma on, but not counting against your limit for Qualities.

As it is, you can only do a SURGE III with a Prime Runner. Not sure that's how it was intended.
Zweiblumen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I'm good waiting for chargen. Especially since Missions doesn't have their adoption rules for the book yet.

Who knows if any of those chargen methods will be allowed in SRM? And, if only 2 are, that's more work for Mathias to do to make sure if you're configured for SRM, that you can't use the Life Mod option if SRM doesn't allow it.
Pollution is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dagnir

Old March 21st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, there will be a delay. We need all hands working on Pathfinder Unchained, so I won't be able to get back to having Run Faster be my focus until at least May. I'm not sure how long the various pieces will take or what order they'll happen in after I switch back. I'm sorry that I won't be able to get you these pieces sooner.
Will we need to pay separetely for the chargen options from run faster? or will it be added if you purchased the data package?
Dagnir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old March 22nd, 2015, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagnir View Post
Will we need to pay separetely for the chargen options from run faster? or will it be added if you purchased the data package?
It's listed that these will be free updates
Quote:
New Releases!

Content from Run Faster is now available! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu. This initial release contains everything except the new character creation systems and the shapeshifter races. Those portions of the book will be added as free updates in future releases.
Agonar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote