Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have a quick question: is there a way within HL to generate a Stat Block form for characters that can be copied to websites?

I know how to produce some nice-looking character sheets in PDF, but is there a way to make those web-accessible that doesn't involve massive problems?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
File menu - output active hero summary.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Related question -- where do you enter Complications in the portfolio?
MPHopcroft is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHopcroft View Post
Related question -- where do you enter Complications in the portfolio?
Hello

The answer I received, I believe from Colen, when I asked that question in the past was to put that info in the "Notes/Character Biography" section.

Unlike Character Drawbacks, there isn't a point value associated so there isn't an area of the sheet set aside. I too thought one would be able to list Complications in the same place as the Character Drawbacks but it isn't so. *shrug*

Perhaps they will change this in a future update. Eh Colen? I guess we won't know until after they get back from GEN CON.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Everyone wants a separate section for something - quotes, complications, secret identities, pets, favorite colors, fruitbats, etc. There's just no way to add a separate section for each of those - it wouldn't fit on the personal tab. None of them have any points costs, so they don't affect the hero in any mechanical way, other than occasionally generating a hero point for you.

For complications and other things, you can either:

a) Include them in the "Background Details" on the Personal tab - this means they'll be displayed in the background text when you print your sheet

b) Add them as "Personalizations" on the Personal tab - this will make them appear under the character portrait on printed output

You can use either of these, depending on how you want the detail to be displayed.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Everyone wants a separate section for something - quotes, complications, secret identities, pets, favorite colors, fruitbats, etc. There's just no way to add a separate section for each of those - it wouldn't fit on the personal tab. None of them have any points costs, so they don't affect the hero in any mechanical way, other than occasionally generating a hero point for you.

For complications and other things, you can either:

a) Include them in the "Background Details" on the Personal tab - this means they'll be displayed in the background text when you print your sheet

b) Add them as "Personalizations" on the Personal tab - this will make them appear under the character portrait on printed output

You can use either of these, depending on how you want the detail to be displayed.
Speaking of the character portrait.........if you have more than one under the Personal Tab could a selector be added so you can choose which one you want to use? To add extra complication, perhaps show one on page one and another on page two for, say, Hero ID and Secret ID.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Everybody (including me, sadly) seems to want to give the programmers more work. Now if any of us had the money to help Lone Wolf hire a couple of extra programmers....
MPHopcroft is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Nigel Fogg: The intent was that the top image would be used for the character sheet; however, moving images around doesn't seem to be working. I'll investigate this.

MPHopcroft: Maybe we can set up a system where you can buy 100 copies of Hero Lab and then get us to add features for you...

Someone at Gen Con tracked me down and gave me a really good reason for why Complications should be in a separate section of the Personal tab, so I'll try to get those added too.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote