Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kbs666

Old January 21st, 2018, 11:37 AM
Windows tablets that aren't the surface tend to be of low to mediocre quality. I've looked at quite a lot of them over the years. None significantly less expensive than the Surface are anywhere near as capable.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
FlippySquirrel

Old January 21st, 2018, 07:14 PM
This is all useful information, and doesn't change the fact that RW is a fantastic program for everything except what I actually want. It's a shame, and silly, that such a conceptually simple feature never materialized.
FlippySquirrel is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:43 AM
As we already told you, you can print by the simple measure of exporting and using a community tool to convert. There actually are reasons why printing isn't available directly which are explained if you read the other threads on the subject.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
As we already told you, you can print by the simple measure of exporting and using a community tool to convert. There actually are reasons why printing isn't available directly which are explained if you read the other threads on the subject.
As the person who wrote that tool, I would still like to see an officially supported print/readable-export feature.

I don't recall seeing good reasons why this can't be done. Do you have links to those explanations? I'm not trying to be contrary. I would like to understand.
EightBitz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 23rd, 2018, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
As the person who wrote that tool, I would still like to see an officially supported print/readable-export feature.

I don't recall seeing good reasons why this can't be done. Do you have links to those explanations? I'm not trying to be contrary. I would like to understand.
The short answer was it would conflict with the DRM they were providing publishers.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2018, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The short answer was it would conflict with the DRM they were providing publishers.
If they can solve that issue for exports, why not for printing or exporting to a readable format?
EightBitz is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:01 AM
Quote:
If they can solve that issue for exports, why not for printing or exporting to a readable format?
They didn't solve it.
None of the DRM'ed material will be appearing in the export file.

I think they don't want to officially add printing to the core product because it will not be able to print out their published material; it will only print user-entered data.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2018, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
They didn't solve it.
None of the DRM'ed material will be appearing in the export file.

I think they don't want to officially add printing to the core product because it will not be able to print out their published material; it will only print user-entered data.
OK, from a PR perspective, that kind of makes sense. I can see them wanting to avoid comments like, "Hey, there's a print option in the menu, and it's unusable! Your software sucks!"

With them leaving it out, at least there's no carrot dangling on a stick. I mean, it still sucks for some of us, but at least it's consistent and not confusing or misleading.
EightBitz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 25th, 2018, 02:22 AM
Quote:
OK, from a PR perspective, that kind of makes sense. I can see them wanting to avoid comments like, "Hey, there's a print option in the menu, and it's unusable! Your software sucks!"

With them leaving it out, at least there's no carrot dangling on a stick. I mean, it still sucks for some of us, but at least it's consistent and not confusing or misleading.
Yeah, the PR problem would be a massive issue.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 25th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Sorry, just call the option "print non-copyrighted content" problem solved since option is very clear.

I would think that you can export material that is not flagged as non-copyable?

Didn't try any material that is not from myself to export though....

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #20 Reply With Quote