Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old September 27th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I find myself in a position where it may be best to add an optional feat (extra attack) from the mastermind's manual (page 110)which costs 5 point/rank,however the custom feat option in HL is set to 1 points/rank.... How Do increase to its proper cost without i increasing the feats rank? same question for a custum power extra??
atlarman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 27th, 2010, 07:18 AM
My installation of Hero Lab is on my computer back home, but I think there's a setting in the editor for feats that lets you set the points it costs. I know there is for Extras. If you haven't figured it out by the time I get home, I'll write it up and post it for you.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:21 AM
thanks duggan this forum is the best.....you believe in trying to help without making a person feel like a moron. (which when its comes to some things lately, I feel like one.)
atlarman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM
*facepalm* And yes, you can set the cost of Custom Extras. No, you can't set the cost of Custom Feats. Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 29th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
*facepalm* And yes, you can set the cost of Custom Extras. No, you can't set the cost of Custom Feats. Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa
so.... whats a guy to do with optional feats like extra attack from the masterninds manual?? page 110

Last edited by atlarman; September 29th, 2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: fixed scrambled text
atlarman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 29th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Well, that particular thing is labeled as a power, not a feat, so it could be said to be handled right there. It should be very easy for you to copy it over, or I can write it up and post it here. Or I can see if I can rig something to adjust the text based on ranks in the feat. Something like that probably ought to be done for Bullet Time anyhow. *shrug* It's outside of my current understanding of the system, but it might yet be doable.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 29th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Oh... or you can use the extant Extra Attacks power which is included with the Ultimate Power data pack. :-p Occam's Razor strikes again.

I did find a way to make a feat cost multiple points. If you look at the Minions feat, there's a bit in the Eval scripts where it sets "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value" if the Fanatical option is set. Just put that line in by itself under a feat's evaluation, and multiply the base rank value by the amount of additional points you want to charge. For example, for Bullet time, you could add the line, "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value * 2" and remove the part of the description which references "for every three ranks".

Last edited by Duggan; September 29th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Well, that particular thing is labeled as a power, nack is a power??ot a feat, so it could be said to be handled right there. It should be very easy for you to copy it over, or I can write it up and post it here. Or I can see if I can rig something to adjust the text based on ranks in the feat. Something like that probably ought to be done for Bullet Time anyhow. *shrug* It's outside of my current understanding of the system, but it might yet be doable.
Ok I'm lost- again-you mean IN HERO LAB extra attack?? cause in masterminds manual its under "optional feats"
atlarman is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Oh... or you can use the extant Extra Attacks power which is included with the Ultimate Power data pack. :-p Occam's Razor strikes again.

I did find a way to make a feat cost multiple points. If you look at the Minions feat, there's a bit in the Eval scripts where it sets "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value" if the Fanatical option is set. Just put that line in by itself under a feat's evaluation, and multiply the base rank value by the amount of additional points you want to charge. For example, for Bullet time, you could add the line, "field[PPCost].value += field[ftBaseRank].value * 2" and remove the part of the description which references "for every three ranks".
meh - ill pass there...im not a programmer lol
atlarman is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 29th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Ok I'm lost- again-you mean IN HERO LAB extra attack?? cause in masterminds manual its under "optional feats"
In both, it's built as a Power. The Optional Feats heading is only referring to the small paragraph stating that some of the optional feats in 4 relate to Attacks of Opportunity. They start a new (same size as Attacks of Opportunity) heading to move from Attacks of Opportunity to Multiple Attacks.

As further evidence, the Multiple Attacks thingie is set up as a Power block.

Anyhow, like you said, you can find it under the Mastermind's Manual Chapter 8 heading in the Character Settings in the Masterminds Manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
meh - ill pass there...im not a programmer lol
It's really just cut-and-paste in this incident, but since it already exists as a Power, there shouldn't be any issues.
Duggan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote