Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Thalamus

Old November 5th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I don´t know if its just me, but i´ve set up a Realm for my Campaign and stumbled upon the case that I add the excatly same Picture to many Articles.

It´s just my way of work. I prefer to have Ressource, I know I´ll need in game at this time, to be at Hand instead behind a link especially as long as floating Windows not supported in RW.

It seems to me that RW is not able to regognize it is the same picture that I load. So I guess this same data takes much more space on Disk and Memory then it should be.

If there would be a Resource Gallery or something like this and I would be able to choose an Image (or any other external Ressource) from this internal Gallery instead to load it from disk. This will shrink my Realm much in datasize.

I hope it´s clear what I propose!?
What do you think?

Last edited by Thalamus; November 6th, 2017 at 11:04 AM.
Thalamus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 5th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I can +1 this
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 5th, 2017, 11:29 PM
+1

I asked about this too, when I started with RW. As Pictures and Maps seem to be unique objects and not part of the topic itself, I would think one should be able to either include a picture or map in several topics with only having it stored once or at least to link directly to a pic or map.
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 6th, 2017, 04:22 AM
+1 to this
Bidmaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old November 6th, 2017, 11:10 AM
+1, Sounds good to me
Viking2054 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
If it was to do some intelligent comparisons so that it knows it is the same picture without me having to tell it that it is the same picture, then that would be even better.

Another option would be that you select PART of an image, so the overall image might be a crowd shot, and then for each individual character record you would choose only the part of the image containing that character.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 9th, 2017, 11:44 AM
+1 of course.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 9th, 2017, 02:15 PM
I don't tend to reuse images but I see no reason not to have a feature for linking images from a single common repository rather than using the full image every time.

This should be a relatively simple extension of the existing additional images source topic/article.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 9th, 2017, 10:25 PM
+1 - though I can see a lot of challenges implementing this :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 10th, 2017, 04:57 PM
If there would be a way that makes realm works store all images in a "lookup table" all the other topics snippets would just point to the correct reference. You would need to display counter though to show in how many topics (and which?) topics the image is used. Functionality required to deal with dead links and other screwups so RW won't crash ...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #10 Reply With Quote