Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

rcsob657

Old August 10th, 2019, 08:02 AM
I have the 'classic' HL for my old PF 1e games. I tried adding a data package to it, but it seems you are only doing PF 2e on the online version. Is that correct? Do I need to buy herolab all over again?
rcsob657 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 10th, 2019, 08:11 AM
PF2 is a different HeroLab product from PF(1).

PF1 is only available in Hero Lab Classic.

PF2 is only available on Hero Lab Online. It will have its own set of packages to buy (just like you'll have to buy all the PF2 books from Paizo again).

At some undetermined point of time in the future, LWD will have PF1 available in HLO. At this point, after purchasing HLO if you don't already have it ($25), you can pay a small amount ($10) to have all your HLC-purchased PF1 content available in HLO (or at least, available when they get those books/modules available in HLO).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 10th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsob657 View Post
...it seems you are only doing PF 2e on the online version. Is that correct?
Yes. That is correct. They are only doing PF 2e on the online version (at least for now).

Quote:
Do I need to buy herolab all over again?
If you want to continue with PF 1e, no. If you want PF 2e, yes.

If and when PF 1e becomes available on Hero Lab Online, there may be a fee to transfer your current data packages from HLC to HLO, but you should be able to continue using both for whatever packages exist in HLC.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 12th, 2019, 06:33 AM
One does not purchase HLO, technically, they buy a license for a "system" within it, and access to it later on after the initial time given for the license purchase. The program itself is never on the computer, it is on a server.

I will eventually get HLO, but will muddle through with pen and paper for now.
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote