Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tordek

Old August 1st, 2014, 06:48 AM
Anyone having a problem saving a portfolio back to their PC using the email portfolio function? I've tried several times. I keep hearing the "whoosh" as the email is sent, but the emails disappear into the ether. I've checked SPAM as well and they are not there.

I have downloaded the latest update and activated a new license.

I have not tried the delete and reinstall route yet.
Tordek is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
Anyone having a problem saving a portfolio back to their PC using the email portfolio function? I've tried several times. I keep hearing the "whoosh" as the email is sent, but the emails disappear into the ether. I've checked SPAM as well and they are not there.

I have downloaded the latest update and activated a new license.

I have not tried the delete and reinstall route yet.
Check your email boxes on the iPad to see if a "outbound" folder/box has appeared. Sometimes when you have mail issues and sending from an app the iPad does not really tell you. It just drops it into the outbound folder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Not a clue how to fix this. The issue is you must have activated your license and now instead of ALL packages you have only your standard set.

So things that need Mythic and stuff won't load. The next problem is unlike the Desktop if the same file exists in more than one package they won't load. Well several packages re-use files for control. These files then overwrite each other on the desktop leaving only a single version. The iPad does not do this and the same file in two different packages causes a conflict. Hence the creation of the iPad Super Pack!

Now I have to support different licenses without the ability having the same base control files in different packages. So the iPad super pack only works if you use the "FREE" version of the app. If you upgrade and don't have things like Mythic on your license the packages will fail to load correctly.

I asked Colen about XML settings for the update file so that I can have different packages for iPad "FREE" version and the iPad "Paid" version. Never heard back so he must be busy. Anyone at LW have an idea on this? Please? Last time I had to use wireshark to get the info and was hoping as I am busy I could just get the info...

But I still don't have a good plan right now for supporting this new version of the iPad. As it acts "sort" like the desktop application but not exactly...
I understand that it is not cool to ask people to buy a package but letting everyone know about one possible solution currently. If you have the following packages on your license then the Super Pack Community package will load without issues. You currently would need: Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic and Mythic Adventures.

Otherwise I am looking at an overhaul of the packages actually. Which granted is needed but sucks trying to do it in a rush.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 1st, 2014, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanRu View Post
I'm having the same issue. Un and re installing did not fix it.

Screen shows what someone else posted on facebook:

This message is just informational - it's not saying "You don't have Hero Lab 5.3", it's just letting you know that you need Hero Lab 5.3 to continue (which, based on that screenshot, you do). It's not an error message, just a warning for anyone who hasn't updated their app yet.
Colen is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 1st, 2014, 08:16 AM
I tried the iPad app when it was still fairly new. Did it ever get a zoom in/out feature? That is, can you pinch the screen and make it zoom in and out like many apps? If not the app is still useless to me as I cannot read it. I might install it for a player to use, though.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 1st, 2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I tried the iPad app when it was still fairly new. Did it ever get a zoom in/out feature? That is, can you pinch the screen and make it zoom in and out like many apps? If not the app is still useless to me as I cannot read it. I might install it for a player to use, though.
The iPad has some features to help in this area that is built in. Go to "Settings->General->Accessibility". I have only the smallest features turned on like "BOLD" text but it has some features for forcing text to be bigger and I think a built in "zoom" feature that lets you increase screen size for ANY app.

See HERE from apple.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 1st, 2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
I understand that it is not cool to ask people to buy a package but letting everyone know about one possible solution currently. If you have the following packages on your license then the Super Pack Community package will load without issues. You currently would need: Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic and Mythic Adventures.

Otherwise I am looking at an overhaul of the packages actually. Which granted is needed but sucks trying to do it in a rush.
Please see THIS post for more information about getting community packages to load on the iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
TanRu

Old August 1st, 2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This message is just informational - it's not saying "You don't have Hero Lab 5.3", it's just letting you know that you need Hero Lab 5.3 to continue (which, based on that screenshot, you do). It's not an error message, just a warning for anyone who hasn't updated their app yet.
Thanks for responding, Colen, but the update doesn't install. I click on the update, it downloads, I see that message, and then that's it. When I click Install Updates, I see the same message. If I click the update again the whole thing starts over.
TanRu is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old August 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Check your email boxes on the iPad to see if a "outbound" folder/box has appeared. Sometimes when you have mail issues and sending from an app the iPad does not really tell you. It just drops it into the outbound folder.
You solved the problem, Thanks! I just recently changed my mail account password and forgot to update it on my iPad. All of my emails were stuck in the outbound box. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

As a side note, now that we can edit profiles on the iPad, is there a more direct way to load/save portfolios from within the App then opening it in drop box for example, and then emailing the portfolio back to myself to load it back onto my PC?
Tordek is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Korlen

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
You solved the problem, Thanks! I just recently changed my mail account password and forgot to update it on my iPad. All of my emails were stuck in the outbound box. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

As a side note, now that we can edit profiles on the iPad, is there a more direct way to load/save portfolios from within the App then opening it in drop box for example, and then emailing the portfolio back to myself to load it back onto my PC?
As in sync the iPad portfolios directly to the Computer's Hero Lab? Wouldn't that be nice.
Korlen is offline   #30 Reply With Quote