Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pathar

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
When I add a magic item with charges, say a Wang of Magic Missiles, it automatically comes with 50 charges, since that's the default. If I've used, say, 23 charges, I can note that by setting the "In Play" counter to 23/50 used. But once I go to print the sheet again, it prints all 50 check boxes with no indication that 23 should be checked (or just not there). Is there any option I can pick that will make this work? Or is there somewhere else in the software that I should be telling it how many charges I've used?

Side note, I realize this might be a known issue, because I went to a PFS event recently and saw several people had blacked out check boxes in their ammo section, but I couldn't find anything about it so I figured I'd ask.

I'm using the Mac version, if that helps.

Thanks!
pathar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Once you're sure you've used that charge, and nothing's going to happen that would undo the events of that round/combat, edit the custom wand, and reduce the number of charges it came with in the first place.

For ammo, the delete button will let you choose how much of a stack of something you want to delete, so once the combat ends and you know how much of your ammo you were able to recover, delete the rest.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
jerdog

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Armidale's custom sheet tracks that information, only displaying the number of check boxes that correspond to the number of charges left.
jerdog is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathar View Post
...Wang of Magic Missiles...
Dipping into the Unlawful Carnal Knowledge book I see.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
pathar

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Once you're sure you've used that charge, and nothing's going to happen that would undo the events of that round/combat, edit the custom wand, and reduce the number of charges it came with in the first place.

For ammo, the delete button will let you choose how much of a stack of something you want to delete, so once the combat ends and you know how much of your ammo you were able to recover, delete the rest.
Hmm. Okay. That's a functional workaround, and I can live with that, but is there an intention to fix this so it works the way one would expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post
Armidale's custom sheet tracks that information, only displaying the number of check boxes that correspond to the number of charges left.
Cool, I'll look in to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Dipping into the Unlawful Carnal Knowledge book I see.
... d'oh.
pathar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote