Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kinevon

Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks for fixing the Composite Bow Strength issue!

New issue: Standard wayfinders with an Ioun Stone inserted should lose their ability to cast Light.

Last edited by kinevon; June 10th, 2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Typo
kinevon is offline   #251 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old June 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM
re: bears taking the Amateur Gunslinger feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Find us a rule in the books that prevents this.
If the bear is an animal companion, then it would fall under the Animal Feats section of the Animal Companion description. You can find that on page 53 of the CRB.

If it's not an Animal Companion, though, I don't see any reason why it would not be a valid choice. Of course, most GMs would probably disagree, but it's not technically "against the rules".
egg_green is offline   #252 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Heavy Weapons Guy (from Team Fortress) could be an actual russian bear!
Aaron is offline   #253 Reply With Quote
brdstnstrnglr

Old June 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Seems like the Druid Archetype (Pack Lord) doesn't allow you to pick an animal companion let alone multiple companions.
brdstnstrnglr is offline   #254 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Zen Archer Monk Archetype is no longer offering Improved Precise Shot as a bonus feat and is offering Improved Critical instead.
radionausea is offline   #255 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old June 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
And Master of Many Styles Archetype only has Snapping Turtle Style available as a bonus feat

--- Disregard my comments above. They were solved by uninstalling Shadow et al's Eberron package

Last edited by radionausea; June 6th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
radionausea is offline   #256 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radionausea View Post
--- Disregard my comments above. They were solved by uninstalling Shadow et al's Eberron package
Just confused a little as that package has nothing to do with those Archetypes. All it does is add NEW things to HL it does not do a single code or Replace Thing ID so it could not have affected the above archetypes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #257 Reply With Quote
Backlash3906

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Chain shirt is only allowing Dexterity bonus of +3 to AC on a second level Gunslinger with 18 Dexterity.
Backlash3906 is offline   #258 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I did a search for this bug before reporting it. It looks like someone mentioned it in passing around May 20th, but the language in that report is not very specific. The poster says the language conforms to 3.5 rules and not Pathfinder.

I'm going to report it again (not that it was neglected, I imagine the team is very busy with the ARG), but rather because I want to be very specific.

Sorcerers can use the Quicken Feat normally. It is an exception to the Full Round Action rule for metamagic feats used by sorcerers.

These are images from HeroLabs and from Paizo's official PRD, which I submit as proof. I guess you could say the emphasis is mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeroLab Quicken Feat.jpg (171.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Pathfinder PRD Feat text.jpg (377.8 KB, 11 views)
JimGroves is offline   #259 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Apologies for the pseudo-rant that follows. ShadowChemosh cleared this up for me in a following post, and I explained in my reply why I was making the error so that hopefully others can not make the same ones.

This has been a known issue for at least 4 months now (there's a post in a thread devoted to this topic from February 4th).

(Before I go farther, let me clarify that this is not a problem with being able to select spells higher than level 0 - I've got that figured out).

My reading of this ability is that I can learn an additional spell every time I level up by taking this option. I can't find anything in the FAQ with an alternate interpretation, there's no indication anywhere that I can find that states you can only take this option once per spell level. If I'm misreading the FC option, I'll apologize most profusely when the correct reading is pointed out to me . . .
  • At levels 1, 2 & 3 I can learn an new Cantrip.
  • At levels 4 and 5 I can learn a new 1st level spell.
  • At levels 6 and 7 I can learn a new 2nd level spell.

So I made a 6th level Sorcerer, took this ability four times:
  1. Level 3 - Level 0 Spell
  2. Level 4 - Level 1 Spell
  3. Level 5 - Level 1 Spell
  4. Level 6 - Level 2 Spell

By my reckoning, that should give me 8 Cantrips (7 +1), 6 1st level spells (4 +2), 3 2nd level spells (2 +1), and 1 3rd level spell.

But instead, I get an error message indicating that I should not have taken this option for an additional 1st level spell (at level 5), HL gives me only 3 "Activated Abilities" on the In Play tab (there should be 4), and HL gives me only 5 1st level spells.

Changing my option at Level 4 to a Level 0 spell makes no difference in the number of spells HL grants at each level, nor in the number of "Activated Abilities" HL grants on the In Play tab. And I still get the error message, but now it's red for 0 level spell instead of 1st level spells.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; June 10th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #260 Reply With Quote