Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone,

We've had a couple of queries recently asking when the new playtest classes will be added to the Pathfinder files, so we've decided to fill you all in on our near-term Pathfinder plans.

Firstly, we'll be continuing to make bug fixes and post Adventure Path updates to Pathfinder, so please continue to report bugs here as usual.

However, we have a prior commitment that we'll be devoting most of our time to until the end of the year (hereafter referred to as Project Q - we can't announce what it is just yet, sorry). Mathias will be doing most of the work on it, so he'll be spending a lot of the next month or so working on Q instead of Pathfinder. This means that updates to Pathfinder will be mostly bug fixes, small changes, and Adventure Path releases until Q has been completed.

Once Q has been released, we'll work on adding some "intermediate" editor tutorials (as described in this thread) based on monsters in the Bestiary, which will be added to the Pathfinder editor documentation.

We'll also be working on a separate add-on package for Pathfinder that includes the missing monsters from the Bestiary, since there's been an unexpectedly high demand for this from our users.

After that, we'll be entering the preview classes from the Advanced Player's Guide. Hopefully we'll get started on this around the new year, once all the preview classes have been released; this gives us the opportunity to make sure there are no major changes needed for Hero Lab to support the new classes.

That's all we can go into about our plans for now. I hope this proves informative - and please let us know if you have any questions.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old November 24th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Being a system developer myself I would love to see some sort of comprehensive reference for Hero Lab. Something along the lines of those in MSDN library for example, although obviously not as extensive. Specifically what I'm looking for is for example description of bootstraps and what Fields, Tags and Conditions are available for them, along with what values are expected. Also a reference for the scripting language.
evilash is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old November 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Will this seperate add on for the bestiary be something we'll need to buy as another data set?
kunger00 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Elorebaen

Old December 15th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds great to me. Cannot wait for the Bestiary data.
Elorebaen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Katowice

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Will you be including the downloadable classes for the Advanced Players Guide playtest? They include: Cavalier, Witch, Inquisitor, Summoner, Alchemist and Oracle.
Katowice is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katowice View Post
Will you be including the downloadable classes for the Advanced Players Guide playtest? They include: Cavalier, Witch, Inquisitor, Summoner, Alchemist and Oracle.
Check the second to the last paragraph in Colen's original post in this thread.
JimGroves is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old December 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
For any new class, its possible to add them into HL yourself. But if you want to wait for them, thats always possible as well.
chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Katowice

Old December 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
Check the second to the last paragraph in Colen's original post in this thread.
Sorry, my bad.
Katowice is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old December 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katowice View Post
Sorry, my bad.
Not a slam my friend. Just pointing you to it. Hence the smiley.
JimGroves is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Any plans to go ahead and put in the variant Tiefling stuff from Council of Thieves AP? Right now there's just the pop up indicating that they're not available . . . yet.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote