Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fenris447

Old January 29th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Just to update everyone, the revised races from MP:MotM are done. I'm very happy with how they turned out, and I'm really excited to get them into everyone's hands!

One interesting thing; there's no such thing as subraces in this book. Each Genasi, the two types of Gith, Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Shadar-Kai, Sea Elves, and Eladrin all are treated as their own separate races.

I split how I approached these; for the Gith and Genasi, the book contains all published subraces for them. So I felt comfortable making them with a base Gith and base Genasi, and treating their variations as subraces (this is how their older versions operate in the Community Pack).

But for the elven subraces, the Duergar, and the Deep Gnome, I realized we have no way of being certain what the base elf, dwarf, and gnome will look like when they're revised in 2024. So I programmed them as separate races each. Obviously the base races and their other subraces aren't going anywhere. So now when you select the base Dwarf while you have this new source active, you won't see Duergar in the list of subraces. It'll instead be its own race.

If the revised races come out in 2 years and it makes sense to turn these things back into subraces, I'll do that. But that's Future Fenris's problem. Screw that guy.

EDIT: Also, one extra thing I did; I tried to set everything up so that whenever it makes sense, racial abilities will show up when outputting the hero as a stat block. In case you're into that sort of thing.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; January 29th, 2022 at 07:16 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote