Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

meek75

Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:25 AM
So, I have started having stability issues since the last update. Three times in my last game RW stopped responding and I had to restart the program. This slowed the game, frustrated me, and caused me to loose some data. It is also doing the same thing periodically during game prep. Anyone else having these issues? Any ideas on what the issue may be? I am running windows 10 and have not had issues until now.
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:21 AM
Are the crashes happening when you do something specific? I can generate crashes reliably by doing the following.

Attempting to open a large picture.
Pressing shortcut keys while a topic is saving.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:50 PM
Mine has only crashed when I put the laptop to sleep while Player View is active, or while I have a hero lab portfolio active. And it doesn't happen every time, so... yeah.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old May 4th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Are the crashes happening when you do something specific? I can generate crashes reliably by doing the following.

Attempting to open a large picture.
Pressing shortcut keys while a topic is saving.

Hmmm, I am switching back and forth between HL and RW quite a bit. The crashes are more prevalent when I am using another program along with RW. It's manageable, but a bit of a pain.
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old May 4th, 2017, 06:57 PM
I used to have crashes, but that was almost a year ago and it was too to very hi-res map images with lots of pins. Having one of those open and trying to quickly switch tabs would crash the program. I downsampled the world map and carved into regions. Works much better than trying to fit everything on a hug map.

Not sure if that is at all related to your issue, but something to check.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tothelastman

Old May 15th, 2017, 02:40 AM
I am having stability problems since the last patch (1.0.1081.241). It seems to be related to user notes tabs that contain a fair amount of text. In my case, crashes occur when there is enough text to cause the scroll bar to appear and I then minimize Realm Works, then click on it again in the taskbar. One time the crash happened immediately on minimizing Realm Works

Here's some extra details I discovered through testing:
-Crash occurs on a fresh realm with no other inputted data other than enough lorem ipsum text in a user notes tab to cause the scroll bar to appear.
-Crash occurs on both of my computers, one running Windows 7 and the other Windows 10
-Clicking on another program to bring that to the front (and therefore not minimizing Realm Works) does not cause Realm Works to crash when I click back to Realm Works.
-Crash does not seem to be related to other programs active on the computer; it happens when I have multiple programs up and when I have only Realm Works up.

Is there a way to get more detailed logs than this?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RealmWorks.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1081.241
Application Timestamp: 590a16c4
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.6.1099.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 58d8734c
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0001fec2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b3fe
Additional Information 2: b3fe0c8d697e0213dfbc249c5560aa35
Additional Information 3: f1eb
Additional Information 4: f1eb0b57e0fb58c0055f236886d82bc4

Last edited by tothelastman; May 15th, 2017 at 02:50 AM.
tothelastman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 15th, 2017, 03:10 AM
Make sure you log a fault.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48663

LWD has been hiding in caves coding and have rarely been seen in the sunlight lately. Aka they likely won't see this.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old May 15th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Similar problems for me tonight as well.

Just started the session, went to reveal a pin on the players map and locked up, has to kill the program in task manager.

Next time it was changing to a different tab while looking up a spell, but HL was running in the background both times as well.

I'll log a report in the morning... too tired after battling the PC's with Moonflowers, and undead minions of the evil cleric.
Happydevil43 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old May 15th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tothelastman View Post
I am having stability problems since the last patch (1.0.1081.241). It seems to be related to user notes tabs that contain a fair amount of text. In my case, crashes occur when there is enough text to cause the scroll bar to appear and I then minimize Realm Works, then click on it again in the taskbar. One time the crash happened immediately on minimizing Realm Works
I din't realize the connection with user notes, but this describes my issues perfectly. I track XP for a session in a user note, so I am using it for a long time. The crashes always occurred while a note was open. I have found that saving the note regularly helps to minimize the crashes.
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
tothelastman

Old May 15th, 2017, 09:38 AM
I submitted a bug report thanks to the link daplunk provided. In the report I included a link back to this forum thread.
tothelastman is offline   #10 Reply With Quote