Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

TheBullDog

Old August 16th, 2018, 10:34 PM
I am attempting to pull tool proficiencies via the "Item Selection" and Custom Expressions. I have gotten them to show, at the same time as skills... One thing, I cannot get it to exclude tools the character already knows how to use.
Code:
(component.BaseSkill & (Reference.skArcana | Reference.skHistory | Reference.skInsight | Reference.skInvestig | Reference.skNature | Reference.skPercep) & !Helper.Proficient) | (component.Tool & )
I just can't get the script to pull them and add them to the character. (this is a bit of a mess right now I know) I am trying to do an if/then/else to embed the Tool selection separate from the skill selection. Other than the embeded if statement that part is fine, it is the pull and push for the tools that I cannot figure out.
Code:
      if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = "ProfSkill.?" then <===(if/then/else here)
          perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[ProfSkill.?]
          perform forward[ProfSkill.?]
        else
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[ProfTool.gToo?]
~        gtool = "component.BaseEquip & (" & hero.tagids[ProfTool.?,"|"] & ")"
~        field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[ProfTool.?]"
        endif
      endif

~      if (field[usrChosen2].ischosen <> 0) then
 ~       perform field[usrChosen2].chosen.pulltags[ProfSkill.?]

~      endif

~      perform hero.assign[ProfTool.?]
Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Monster Hunter Bonus Prof.PNG (312.3 KB, 1 views)
TheBullDog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 17th, 2018, 03:54 AM
You may want to look at the scripting on the monk Kensai ability:

c5CMnkPotK aka "Path of the Kensei"

There is a script on there that calls the skill/tool proficiency configurable (meaning it opens a Proficiency tab) and somewhere in script indexed as #3 there are a couple of AllowTool2.xxx tags assigned to the configurable to narrow down the tools selection. If the tools are already proficient, I don't think they show up as available on the configurable tab.

This is an odd way to do it, but the only example of code I have seen for tool choices that works well.

Tool proficiencies are handled completely different from skill proficiencies, and are harder to deal with IMHO.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheBullDog

Old August 19th, 2018, 10:02 PM
@Dungeonguru

Thanks, I had considered doing a configurable, though I am not a huge fan of the extra tab. I think I might have found something in the way Samurai handles the bonus language. Which is the path I am exploring at the moment... Unfortunately, I seem to have broken some of my code in the process...lol

Update: At least for the time being, I went the route of calling the Proficiencies configurable. I still have one issue after that, that on the Custom expression, instead of it listing all the tools, I need one entry just called "Tools". However, I am unsure as how to list that among the skills.

I would like it to look like, for example, how the Samurai looks when taking a language instead of a skill.
Attached Images
File Type: png Skills.PNG (105.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: png Language.PNG (66.5 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by TheBullDog; August 20th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.
TheBullDog is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheBullDog

Old August 20th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Update 2: I found a workaround... I created a new "Skill" called "Tools". If anyone knows of a cleaner way to do this, please let me know.
TheBullDog is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 21st, 2018, 09:32 AM
Did you take a look at the scripting for the Skilled feat?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote