Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Exmortis

Old April 8th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
You can create up to 7 custom views for topics in the World Almanac, and up to 7 custom views for articles in the Mechanics Reference. However, you may show at most 3 custom views of each type directly on the ribbon. The rest are available from their respective custom view dropdown menu.
Yeah I want more!!!!! MORE!!!

I only will actually use views for the world almanac. The fact you can create them for each is cool BTW just not useful for me in particular. What would even be better is if you could just lump that into "x" number of custom views can be shown at once, in any combination. So instead of restricting me to 3 for world Almanac you restrict me to 9 custom views of my choosing from any of them.

However its not a huge dealio, I will just remove the views as they are played through, so "Chapter 0 view" will be removed when they play into Chapter II and I will add "Chapter III view" to the ribbon, rinse and repeat.

This is a much better change then I gave it credit for.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
You can create up to 7 custom views for topics in the World Almanac, and up to 7 custom views for articles in the Mechanics Reference. However, you may show at most 3 custom views of each type directly on the ribbon. The rest are available from their respective custom view dropdown menu.
Just out of curiosity:

Why is it limited to seven views?

Could it be made to be limited only by memory or some such thing?

It is a great feature, no doubt about it. I can just imagine myself making dozens of views - and having a good thing you want even more of it :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Just out of curiosity:

Why is it limited to seven views?

Could it be made to be limited only by memory or some such thing?

It is a great feature, no doubt about it. I can just imagine myself making dozens of views - and having a good thing you want even more of it :-)
To my knowledge it's not a technical limit, it's a practical limit. We're open to the idea of allowing more views in the future, but we'll probably also want a few other features for managing them and their content better before we do.

Having unlimited views in their current state would give people an awful lot of rope to hang themselves with. While having 100 custom views sounds great, just imagine the hassle you'd need to go through to get your views updated for adding just a few new pieces of content.

There are a number of other factors to consider as well which I won't dive into, but this is one of the main concerns.
Joe is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Having unlimited views in their current state would give people an awful lot of rope to hang themselves with.
AAAH man didn't know you cared.

I am a pretty big guy, this would need to be some damn good silk rope.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 9th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
What would even be better is if you could just lump that into "x" number of custom views can be shown at once, in any combination. So instead of restricting me to 3 for world Almanac you restrict me to 9 custom views of my choosing from any of them.
I agree. I have so few articles that I don't need a view for them, but being able to use those spaces for topic view would be nice. And the rope length will be perfect...for now.
ruhar is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 9th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I agree. I have so few articles that I don't need a view for them, but being able to use those spaces for topic view would be nice. And the rope length will be perfect...for now.
I'm using both and added views for articles and gameplay

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 9th, 2015, 03:19 PM
The plus to more views is we could break up multiple storylines more easily in a sandbox world and have everything ready to go to match the player's whims. THAT would feel organized!

The plus to more views is we wouldn't have to get rid of game history. We could have episodes and be able to refer back to periods in the game easily which would be another way to search for "that blonde guy when we were in Arsenium, you know, THAT guy".

The minus is some of us could have a tendency to become hoarders and never delete a view.... And that wouldn't just be me. You know who you are!
AEIOU is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 9th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
The minus is some of us could have a tendency to become hoarders and never delete a view.... And that wouldn't just be me. You know who you are!
Hey! I can delete views whenever I want, I just choose not to. LOL
ruhar is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Shadowopal

Old November 28th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Nevermind. I figured it out

Last edited by Shadowopal; November 28th, 2016 at 08:34 PM.
Shadowopal is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old November 29th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Holy Thread Necromancy, Batman.
MaxSupernova is offline   #70 Reply With Quote