Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

ronlugge

Old August 6th, 2020, 02:50 PM
So I can't decide if this is a bug and should be filed as such, or a feature enhancement I should be asking for and left as just a forum post.

For context, I tend to build my characters using herolab because it lets me rapidly iterate and experiment on a concept. I could technically do the same thing with a PDF and AoN, but meh. For actually gameplay, I'm often using a platform like FantasyGrounds where I need to build the character in the software.

So I was building a character up in FG, basically transferring from HL to FG, when I ran into a small oddity: my bulk's didn't add up.

Finally I tracked it down to something simple, stupid, and difficult to fix.

A waterskin, empty, has L bulk. A waterskin, filled, at 1 bulk. Your typical adventurer can be assumed to be carrying their waterskin around filled. FantasyGrounds therefore defaults the bulk of a waterskin to 1.

Herolab uses the base bulk of L, with no way to set it to 1.

Hence my dilemma. Is this a bug? Not really, the data is [i]right[/], or at least right-ish. Is it a feature enhancement? Well, no, because this really is a core rule that's being misdone since the bulk of a filled waterskin is 1.

I'm spinning 'round and 'round, and can't make up my mind.
ronlugge is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a feature request to me, it's definitely something that isn't already in place but represents feature enhancement too.

Send in a report so I can get this started as a formal request for our tracker.

In the meantime, I suggest that you add a "Custom Gear" piece of equipment which you rename as somethign like Full Waterskin and use this instead, the internal controls will let you assign your desired Bulk when you're using it and change as you use it, or simply move it to "elsewhere" when you are out of water.

Last edited by Ryan F; August 6th, 2020 at 03:15 PM.
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ronlugge

Old August 6th, 2020, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
Send in a report so I can get this started as a formal request for our tracker.
I know how to file a bug report, but I'm not so sure how to file a feature request.
ronlugge is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlugge View Post
I know how to file a bug report, but I'm not so sure how to file a feature request.
You can use the Bug Report form or just write directly to us from your own email address to: <support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote