Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

karpomatic

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Are people still playing D&D? I swore off it with the 4th edition rules. I also heard that someone from Paizo claimed that 4th edition was the most effective marketing tool for Pathfinder.
HA! That is true! 5th Edition was released this week. It seems to be a vast improvement. I think of 4th Edition like Metallica's ST.Anger album. Pretend it doesn't exist.
karpomatic is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Or Windows ME?
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:20 AM
Exactly!
karpomatic is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Are people still playing D&D? I swore off it with the 4th edition rules. I also heard that someone from Paizo claimed that 4th edition was the most effective marketing tool for Pathfinder.
I am sure there is a market for D&D 5e, but the size is in question.

For myself and my entire gaming group, we left WotC with the release of 4e to Paizo and Pathfinder, and have not looked back. Not only do I like PF better then D&D (yeah yeah just tweaked 3.5 rules, but they are better!), Paizo is 10 times the better publisher, and they have kept alot of crap creep out of their products that WotC did not (2nd edition was terrible, out went balance and quality for the next fast buck). Plus each new printing updated PDF sales? A concept I asked WotC for years and years and nada, sorry WotC, you failed me the gamer and Paizo pickup the dropped ball and ran to the goal line. My gaming table will unlikely ever be shared with D&D again, been a long run from D&D basic to 3.5,and it takes alot to get an old fart like me to change.

LWD and Paizo have such a great working relationship, there is no way I will leave that for what ever half baked crap WotC can put out, I remember their player Gen crapware product, never again. If it don't work with Hero Lab, I am not interested.

In the immortal words of Kosh "They are a dying game system, we should let them pass."

Last edited by Exmortis; August 21st, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:37 AM
I still play 3.5 over pathfinder, as many people do. as far as ignoring a game if its not in hero lab, i guess thats a nice commitment, but id never go that route. too many good games that id never play if i did that.

and to be honest, there are things about 5th edition i like. i wont be switching to it, but its actually a very good thing for the hobby, in my opinion.

you want a simple system out there to get new people/kids to join, and then have a more complicated system later on. thats what made D&D so succesful for so long anyway. otherwise the "dying" thing will be the hobby as a whole.

Last edited by mirtos; August 21st, 2014 at 10:40 AM.
mirtos is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Everyone, this thread is about adding 5th edition to Hero Lab. This is not the appropriate place for comments about any edition and what editions should be played.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I am sure there is a market for D&D 5e, but the size is in question.

For myself and my entire gaming group, we left WotC with the release of 4e to Paizo and Pathfinder, and have not looked back. Not only do I like PF better then D&D (yeah yeah just tweaked 3.5 rules, but they are better!), Paizo is 10 times the better publisher, and they have kept alot of crap creep out of their products that WotC did not (2nd edition was terrible, out went balance and quality for the next fast buck). Plus each new printing updated PDF sales? A concept I asked WotC for years and years and nada, sorry WotC, you failed me the gamer and Paizo pickup the dropped ball and ran to the goal line. My gaming table will unlikely ever be shared with D&D again, been a long run from D&D basic to 3.5,and it takes alot to get an old fart like me to change.

LWD and Paizo have such a great working relationship, there is no way I will leave that for what ever half baked crap WotC can put out, I remember their player Gen crapware product, never again. If it don't work with Hero Lab, I am not interested.

In the immortal words of Kosh "They are a dying game system, we should let them pass."

My group is the same way for the most part. We've all been playing since 1st Edition AD&D up thru 3.5. I ran a 4th Edition Dark Sun game for a bit but the system was so dumbed down that, as experienced players, we got bored and gave up on it. Our current game is a 3.5 Ravenloft campaign. We're also gearing up for a Pathfinder Skull & Shackles game next month. No one in my group even wants to entertain 5th Edition. I'm picking up the PHB because I want to see the improvements the developers have brought about. Ultimately, its a waste of my fifty bucks.
karpomatic is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Sorry, Mathias. We posted at the same time. Back on topic.

This is what I was talking about:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...gstar-Revealed

Last edited by karpomatic; August 21st, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
karpomatic is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old August 25th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Everyone, this thread is about adding 5th edition to Hero Lab. This is not the appropriate place for comments about any edition and what editions should be played.
I would buy 5th Edition D&D for Hero Lab if that were to happen someday.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
karpomatic

Old August 26th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Unless someone here has the initiative to create it using the Authoring kit then I highly doubt we will ever see it. WOTC has chosen another company to make a program exactly like HL for 5th Edition.
karpomatic is offline   #20 Reply With Quote