Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old April 25th, 2020, 02:57 AM
If that is what the stat block looks like in HL then it is an issue with HL not RW.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 26th, 2020, 10:14 PM
I've noted the same issue. Also running 5e. I've given up accessing HL from within RW. I have all the POR files named by encounter location or in a bestiary folder and by name. I open the POR files manually.

Never noticed the issue with missing content until the link to HL broke. In the past I would just click the button to add to the open portfolio in HL and it worked wonderfully until the most recent RW upgrade broke it.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old April 27th, 2020, 04:08 AM
RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.
The_Traveller is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 28th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Traveller View Post
RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.
Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old April 28th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

Guess I never noticed that. I still have both versions of HL on my system. I thought I was always opening the 64 bit but I guess the 32 bit was opening. Just tried with the 64 open and I can't get the link to RW to work.

Glad I never got rid of the old version. Bummer it stopped working.
The_Traveller is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 29th, 2020, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.
I think that both versions are installed in the same folder as a single installation, so you only need to pick which exe to launch.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
The_Traveller

Old April 29th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav
The_Traveller is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 29th, 2020, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Traveller View Post
Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav
I never stopped using 32 bit because of this. I don't have all of PF but I have a lot. It takes a noticeable amount of time to start up but not all that bad. Nothing nearly as bad as the issues with 32 bit RW.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote