Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

joe2chillo

Old September 5th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
A couple of questions...

Which column were you mapping across?
What file were you using as your structure file? (or what game system was used to create the blank realm?)
I tried just doing 1 column which was the name column. The structure file is one I have used in the past. I sent it to you previously when I was having another issue so I know it works though I am going to create a new structure file just to test. Also this is 5th edition.

EDIT: Created a new structure file and still get the same error. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-v...mhoJtcIg6rHyR3

Last edited by joe2chillo; September 5th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
joe2chillo is offline   #361 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 5th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Version 1.43 has just been released

The fixes the problem with the mysterious "overlay" element that can appear in structure files (but not in mine, for some reason).

The previous fix got broken when the structure and contents elements were separated out into separate objects.

joe2chillo, this should fix your latest problem.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #362 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old September 5th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2chillo View Post
I tried just doing 1 column which was the name column. The structure file is one I have used in the past. I sent it to you previously when I was having another issue so I know it works though I am going to create a new structure file just to test. Also this is 5th edition.

EDIT: Created a new structure file and still get the same error. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-v...mhoJtcIg6rHyR3
Awesome! Glad I am not crazy. I had an overlay problem in the past but it was a different error and I was able to manually get rid of the overlay tags to fix it until you released the patch. This one had me stumped. Thanks for the quick fix!
joe2chillo is offline   #363 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old September 5th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Got a New error. C++ Exception: Not in a span at line 1621 in file utility.cpp
joe2chillo is offline   #364 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 5th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Got a New error. C++ Exception: Not in a span at line 1621 in file utility.cpp
This is a more generic error, so I'll need to do some more testing with your data file this evening (in 14 hours time).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #365 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old September 6th, 2018, 09:10 AM
After a bunch of testing I have resolved the issue. I am still new to the HTML tags within the tool and RW so it took some trail and error. The ability score section was working and the traits were not. The only difference is that the ability scores fall within the <table> tags.

I tested out putting the trait section into a table and it worked. So I assumed I needed some other tags to encapsulate the traits as I don't want them in a table. I used <html></html> and it worked. So it seems that if you want to format data with the html tags outside of a table you must use the html tags first. Lesson learned. Thanks!
joe2chillo is offline   #366 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Quote:
After a bunch of testing I have resolved the issue. I am still new to the HTML tags within the tool and RW so it took some trail and error. The ability score section was working and the traits were not. The only difference is that the ability scores fall within the <table> tags.

I tested out putting the trait section into a table and it worked. So I assumed I needed some other tags to encapsulate the traits as I don't want them in a table. I used <html></html> and it worked. So it seems that if you want to format data with the html tags outside of a table you must use the html tags first. Lesson learned. Thanks!
That's good news. I'm not sure on the exact restrictions on the HTML side of things. It probably requires some sort of marker at the beginning and end, such as <p>...</p>. I don't think it has to be <html>

Farling

Farling is offline   #367 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old September 6th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
That's good news. I'm not sure on the exact restrictions on the HTML side of things. It probably requires some sort of marker at the beginning and end, such as <p>...</p>. I don't think it has to be <html>
Not sure. I am still having problems in some cells trying to figure out the syntax and the restrictions around it. Making progress though.
joe2chillo is offline   #368 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old September 6th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Encountered an error with the new version (probably wasn't even possible before, my knowledge of CSV syntax is nonexistant).

I noticed that text I had in italics in my excel document imported italicized.

However, success was inconsistent. Took a while to figure out what did and did not work.

If the cell didn't contain any line breaks, bold or italics imported fine.

Cell WITH line breaks, ends in an error message. I've seen a few of these errors with different line numbers.

Code:
The following errors were encountered during import:

C++ Exception: Not in a span at line 1621 in file utility.cpp
I realize this may not be something that's even possible, but wanted to report the potential bug and find out if it's usable

I think this is the problem I am running into now. I am trying to format a cell with italics and I have line breaks in the cell for formatting purposes. I am getting the came C++ error. Not sure if there is any way around this.
joe2chillo is offline   #369 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Quote:
I think this is the problem I am running into now. I am trying to format a cell with italics and I have line breaks in the cell for formatting purposes. I am getting the came C++ error. Not sure if there is any way around this.
I think the issue is probably when the tool is converting your single cell into several paragraphs.

The tool takes a blank line as a paragraph break. Each paragraph is wrapped in some special RW html, so all html tokens have to be completely enclosed within each paragraph.

This means that all html elements must be closed before/at the end of each paragraph.

Farling

Farling is offline   #370 Reply With Quote