Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 31st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolthemighty View Post
That's great Shadow! I'll mark that off my list then, and focus on PE's archetypes and blade skills.
I was just sent a massive update for PE from TCArknight. So may want to wait see what has not been done.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 1st, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #501
Brolthemighty

Old August 31st, 2013, 02:32 PM
I agree. No use in reinventing the wheel. Which means I can continue my work on Magus stuff until that happens. Thanks!
Brolthemighty is offline   #502
ShadowChemosh

Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
This is just a look behind the scenes a little. I am working on the next Community Bestiary release. After the merge I go through and prepare all the portfolio's for distribution which help cut down on errors when others open the file. During this it also helps me locate "missing" things and other issues. Below is a list of portfolio's that have issues or didn't prepare correctly for one reason or another. So I have to open each .por file individually and find the reason which could be something didn't merge right. A ID was changed or something is not not source marked correctly. I fix each issue one at a time and then go onto the next AP or module.

This all just takes "time". I think I am at about 10hrs of work so far on this last CB release (this does not include the hours that Frumple & Bodrin put in adding stuff). Which I know does not sound like allot but that is fit in with all of the real life stuff. So just thought I would share as I know we are "really" behind getting this last release out the door and wanted to give some info as to why...

Actually damn it won't even let me post all the issues as I am well over 10,000 characters long....

P.S. - This is in no way the editors faults as something could be caused by myself when I did the merge of the new stuff.

Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Coils of Flame\6 - Serpent Den.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Coils of Flame\7 - Steam Vent.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Coils of Flame\8 - The Lava Shrine.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 2 - The Outer Temple\E - East Gate.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 3 - Grundmoch's Lair\C2 - Sniper Boxes.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 3 - Grundmoch's Lair\C4 - The Astronomer's Dome.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\H13 - Antechamber of the Beast.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\H2 - The Whispering Stalker.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\H3 - Main Hall.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\I2 - The Maggot Throne.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\I3 - The Carrion Pit.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 4 - Court of Carrion\I7 - Ascension Chamber.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP020_House of the Beast\Part 5 - The Pit of Screaming Ghosts\J2 - The Stone Speakers.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Hell of Eternal Thirst\1 - The Lion of Five Heavens.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Hell of Eternal Thirst\3 - Four Unholy Imams.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 2 - Long Road to Katapesh\Event 2 - Worm-Infested Oasis.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 2 - Long Road to Katapesh\Garavel and the Guards.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 3 - The Scholar's Villa\Event 7 - The Abduction.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 4 - The One Source\B10 - High Priest's Chambers.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 4 - The One Source\B11 - The Sea Cave.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP021_The Jackal's Price\Part 4 - The One Source\B21 - Inner Sanctum.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 1 - Kakishon\Nexian Galley.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 2 - The Hunt\Lahapraset.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 2 - The Hunt\The Golden Ram.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 4 - The Isles of Not\A4 - Cystic Chamber.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 4 - The Isles of Not\A5 - Chamber of Crippled Chaos.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 5 - The Haunted Island\B6 - The Brazen Mausoleum.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?
Unexpected conditions were encountered while loading portfolio 'C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinderBestiary\Version Archives\WIP\Legacy of Fire\AP022_The End of Eternity\Part 6 - Flint and Steel\C3 - The Fireforge.por'. Do you wish to continue, skip this portfolio, or cancel the whole operation?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 2nd, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #503
alientude

Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Regarding AP68 - The Shackled Hut's portfolios. The Dawn Piper encounters in Part 4 (M2 - Font of Water, M6 - Altar of Earth, and M10 - The Sky Tree) do not, by default, show all their spell-like abilities. Many of these (Sp) are from APG and UM, and those sources are not checked in the Configure Hero screen, so I had to go in and manually enable them.

Also, the spell levels for some of the (Sp) are off, which affects the DCs. The book shows unnatural lust, for instance as DC 15, but Hero Lab shows level 1 and DC 14. Unnatural lust is a bard 1 spell, but sorcerer/wizard 2. I don't know if the creature is created by Lone Wolf or the Community, so I haven't yet submitted a bug.

Last edited by alientude; September 3rd, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
alientude is offline   #504
ShadowChemosh

Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
Regarding AP68 - The Shackled Hut's portfolios. The Dawn Piper encounters in Part 4 (M2 - Font of Water, M6 - Altar of Earth, and M10 - The Sky Tree) do not, by default, show all their spell-like abilities. Many of these (Sp) are from APG and UM, and those sources are not checked in the Configure Hero screen, so I had to go in and manually enable them.

Also, the spell levels for some of the (Sp) are off, which affects the DCs. The book shows unnatural lust, for instance as DC 15, but Hero Lab shows level 1 and DC 14. Unnatural lust is a bard 1 spell, but sorcerer/wizard 2. I don't know if the creature is created by Lone Wolf or the Community, so I haven't yet submitted a bug.
Without looking I have no clue either if the monster is CB or LW. I will take a look tonight as I continue for release of 2.15. I can say that the not source marked APG or UM could be a bug in the Prepare Portfolio actually. I have a few instances where it does not catch everything if its "bootstrapped" to something.

But I have to use the Prepare Tool as no way in hell I am manually going to go through 6,000+ portfolio's. That is insane!!!!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #505
bodrin

Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Depending on the ability score used to calculate the DC of the save will effect the calculations HL adheres to. So if the AP DC is incorrect, which often times is true, the HL will show the correct calculated figure.

Saving Throw Difficulty Class: A saving throw against your spell has a DC of 10 + the level of the spell + your bonus for the relevant ability (Intelligence for a wizard, Charisma for a bard, paladin, or sorcerer, or Wisdom for a cleric, druid, or ranger). A spell's level can vary depending on your class. Always use the spell level applicable to your class.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #506
ShadowChemosh

Old September 3rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Correct by Pathfinder rules a Sp should be pulled from the Wizard or Cleric lists as the default giving the DC a value of 15 not 14. I have fixed this for the next release.

With the number of monsters getting created this could have been a simple slip of the mouse to click on the level 1 version instead of level 2. Either way thanks for the report.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #507
bgenzoli

Old September 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Getting the following errors when I click Pathfinder. Also, I don't see the ability to create a War Master class character at level 1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HL.jpg (77.2 KB, 16 views)
bgenzoli is offline   #508
ShadowChemosh

Old September 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.
v2.16 - September 10, 2013
ShadowChemosh
-Removed the Module and Adventure Path stock files as no reason to send these to everyone all the time. Instead each DM should download the module or adventure path zip files from "Community Bestiary NPCs" folder.
-New iPad only version of the Community Bestiary is available which is much smaller in size then the full desktop version.
-Did my best to split up the modules and adventure paths files so that we have a DM version and a player version.
-New ReadME.pdf file is included. This can be found at \Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\pathfinder\Community Bestiary\ReadME.pdf.

Frumple
-Added the module: Doom Comes to Dustpawn and The Dragon's Demand.
-Added Reign of Winter Chapters 4 and 5.
-Updated and fixed: Curse of the Riven Sky, Kingmaker, Legacy of Fire, No Response from Deepmar, Rise of the Runelords Anniversary, The Harrowing, The Ruby Pheonix Tournament, and The Witchwar Legacy.
--Note the Kingmaker .por files where changed in many places to use the new Ultimate Campaign Army rules. So without that official package the .por files will no longer load.

Bodrin
-Added 3 Variant Ophiduan races input.
-Added the Greymalkin and the Tunnel Brute.
-Added Way of the Wicked book 5 and Book 6 including the archetypes from book 5.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #509
ShadowChemosh

Old September 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Community Player Pack (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting 3PP adventure path and Paizo modules. This has allowed us to create a data set that is player centric in its goal. While LW inputs the player specific items from Paizo Adventure paths until now players had to fend for themselves if they played in a Paizo Module or a 3PP AP. Well we have you covered as this data set is for players in mind. So if your a player and looking for magic items, equipment, weapons, armor, feats, traits, spells, classes, archetypes, or prestiage classes from 3PP adventures or Paizo Modules this data package is for you!
v2.16 - September 10, 2013
ShadowChemosh
-New iPad only version of the Community Player Pack is available which is much smaller in size then the full desktop version.
-Did my best to split up the modules and adventure paths files so we have a player version.
-New ReadME.pdf file is included. This can be found at \Documents\Hero Lab\portfolios\pathfinder\Community Player Pack\ReadME.pdf.

Frumple
-Added the module: Doom Comes to Dustpawn and The Dragon's Demand.
-Added Reign of Winter Chapters 4 and 5.
-Updated and fixed: Curse of the Riven Sky, Kingmaker, Legacy of Fire, No Response from Deepmar, Rise of the Runelords Anniversary, The Harrowing, The Ruby Pheonix Tournament, and The Witchwar Legacy.

Bodrin
-Added Way of the Wicked book 5 and Book 6 including the archetypes from book 5.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #510
Closed Thread