Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

bruuuuuu

Old May 29th, 2020, 11:14 AM
PCGen allows for the creation of Starfinder characters. HLO is not the only tool for character creation for Starfinder, and I understand that there are several fillable PDFs out there for 2e and Starfinder.
bruuuuuu is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old May 29th, 2020, 05:01 PM
PCGen, yes, but it's no longer under active development. Fillable PDFs are not character creation software, they are merely mimics if what you can write with an old fashioned pencil after creating your character.
flyteach is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
PCGen, yes, but it's no longer under active development. Fillable PDFs are not character creation software, they are merely mimics if what you can write with an old fashioned pencil after creating your character.
Also, the value of Hero Lab (either version) goes well past any fillable PDF, since it does all the secondary calculations of everything, toggled adjustments, etc.
Roadie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old August 6th, 2020, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzi View Post
I've tried out Pathbuilder. I couldn't get past the fact that it's a phone app only. If I want to run it on my PC (where I spend most of my time for RPGs lately) I have to use a clumsy emulator. Gah!

I am really champing at the bit for PF1 to come to HLO so I can centralize my character management.
With the new insider build for Windows, running Android apps is now an option.

With HLO's total lack of support for third party content, or portfolio export, I'm not that anxious to lose PF1 from Classic.
LazarX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old August 7th, 2020, 06:29 AM
I'm curious why you think you might be losing Pathfinder 1e from Herolab Classic? Lonewolf have been quite clear that the product isn't disappearing. Heck, I've even seen updates to it in the last several months. That system isn't going away, it's just no longer the flagship product.
bruuuuuu is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 10th, 2020, 04:43 PM
HLC is still around, and available, but with no new licenses as various gaming editions go to the new shiny, HLC will eventually phase out of use in favor of the supported HLO.

Not to say Lonewolf won't continue to support the program that gave them so much in the past, from the cash flow of bought product to good word of mouth of the product. It is that once the licenses are able to be used in the App HLO instead, there will be a migration from HLC to HLO.

It would be nice to be able to have some choices with the print out, from Character sheet formats to user ability to make their own (Or use someone's that is offered like HLC) For now, the print out is much improved and serviceable. (Still doesn't have the notes on it or the Spell DC section)

This is where HLC exceeds where HLO is somewhat lacking. We are not online all the time, so access to this App is not something to expect at the table. We need the paper representation of that character. It is also something the Excel sheets have done well for more than the few licenses HLO has right now.
thaX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 11th, 2020, 11:01 AM
I suspect that LWD will support adding content to PF1 if Paizo were still producing content, but Paizo see PF1 as dead.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old August 11th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Oh, most definanatly. My overall feel for the situation is that the support for HLC will continue for the foreseeable future. It is just that newer editions and games will be put on the App (HLO) instead.
thaX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote