Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

jtisdel

Old April 4th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I have a unit that has a link to equipment that is optional. The unit can take 0 to 2 of this equipment. I select the item and increment the count, the point cost increments correctly. However, the # column only displays 1 on both the Roster view and the Output view.

How do I get the # column to correctly display the number of the item taken?

This is for the Warzone: Resurrection AB file, current beta available at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...B/wzr-1.15b.ab

I have this issue with all of my units.
Thanks
jmt
jtisdel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Wolfmamma

Old April 4th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Is there a link to the AB Warzone Resurrection maintainers file similar to the one for Warhammer 40K?

I have a number of issues/errors I have located within the program that I want to report, such as the Brotherhood AC-19 Volcano Assault rifle with Scope has range 28 not the 24" you have listed it as. The Brotherhood Psychic opower The visage of the Ghostly Light stats are wrong and should read as R: 24 S:16 ROF: 1 AVV:3 Psychic (S).

For Bauhaus the squad upgrade Steady Aim is being charged on a model by model basis. The 15 points cost should be on a squad basis. When creating a Ranged Warlord using the creation rules, the warlords weapon stat line is wrong. It should read as R:24* St:14* ROF:2* AVV:2* before any modified purchases are added or subtracted to the weapon. the AVV is currently listed as "0" instead of "2".

I am sure there are more errors to be found and corrected, however I have not built any forces using other armies, or using any skills/upgrades that might also have errors in them.

Could we get a new Maintainers link posted on the forums, and also have the above listed errors looked into?

Thank you.
Wolfmamma is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jtisdel

Old April 6th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Wolfmamma,
First off, thanks for the bug report.
What version of the AB files are you running?
I will look into theses items. Have you tried to contact me directly about these issue?
Thanks
jmt
jtisdel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jtisdel

Old April 6th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfmamma View Post
Is there a link to the AB Warzone Resurrection maintainers file similar to the one for Warhammer 40K?

I have a number of issues/errors I have located within the program that I want to report, such as the Brotherhood AC-19 Volcano Assault rifle with Scope has range 28 not the 24" you have listed it as. The Brotherhood Psychic opower The visage of the Ghostly Light stats are wrong and should read as R: 24 S:16 ROF: 1 AVV:3 Psychic (S).

For Bauhaus the squad upgrade Steady Aim is being charged on a model by model basis. The 15 points cost should be on a squad basis.
Okay, I've got these incorporated in to the latest beta (available here) . Dropbox is being a bit slow, so give it some time to upload.

Quote:
When creating a Ranged Warlord using the creation rules, the warlords weapon stat line is wrong. It should read as R:24* St:14* ROF:2* AVV:2* before any modified purchases are added or subtracted to the weapon. the AVV is currently listed as "0" instead of "2".
Is this the basic BYO Ranged Warlord or Heroes of the Solar System? If Basic, which Megacorp?

Thanks
jmt
jtisdel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Wolfmamma

Old April 7th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the link to the latest Beta I will have a look at it. I had not thought to contact you directly, as I have mainly been using the 40K and Battletech AB files, and the 40K one has the AB40K maintainers link to go to. So noted if I need to inform you of any new bugs I find.

As to the last question about the ranged weapon for a hero of the solar system. the basic stats for a ranged weapon of a ranged warlord is in the chart bottom of page 88 (rule book) with the stats I have listed. R:24 ST :14 ROF:3 AVV:2 Plasma or Piercing*. The can then be modified to allow the weapon to be rail or blast, and increase the weapons stats and even reduce them for ROF and AVV if you need to save on points. (chart top of page 89).

I am using Bauhaus, although it does not matter which Mega Corporation you use it for, the weapon should be the same for all corporations. I suppose from a programming point of view though, you need to locate the glitch.
Wolfmamma is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtisdel View Post
I have a unit that has a link to equipment that is optional. The unit can take 0 to 2 of this equipment. I select the item and increment the count, the point cost increments correctly. However, the # column only displays 1 on both the Roster view and the Output view.

How do I get the # column to correctly display the number of the item taken?

This is for the Warzone: Resurrection AB file, current beta available at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...B/wzr-1.15b.ab

I have this issue with all of my units.
Thanks
jmt
Hi jmt,

Are you specifying an "incr" value of 2 for the option, to make it go up by 2 at a time instead of one?

If that doesn't help, can you give me a specific example of a unit / option with this bug that I can take a look at? Thanks.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jtisdel

Old April 15th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi jmt,

Are you specifying an "incr" value of 2 for the option, to make it go up by 2 at a time instead of one?

If that doesn't help, can you give me a specific example of a unit / option with this bug that I can take a look at? Thanks.
Using the production version of the AB files for Warzone Resurrection at <url>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28931058/AB/wzr-1.14.ab</url>.
Select "Bauhaus" for the Corporation/Race. Then select "Hussars" under Troops.

The squad shows 4 members (in the #) column for the Hussars entry. The Hussar MK IV Armour only shows "1".
jtisdel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old April 16th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Hi there

If have read the dat file correctly the armour is an item linked to the Hussars by an option, there is nothing in the code or the option that alters the count of the item. You'd need to do this through the size script for the option or link the option to the item so that it changes the item count.

For the item count for the armour is there a need to change the count as it is not costed and it is showing that it is present for the unit so having the count of one fufills the criteria? (This was using the example unit of Hussars above)

If it was a costed option for the unit in the example you gave at the start of the post then you would not be able to use a straight forwards option and option link min/max to change the item count unless you linked the option to change the size count.

If you wanted that to work try a private stat and then use a size script for the armour option and a seperate option to change the number of the options taken - you can't do this direct from the armour option though as the size script doesn't give you access to "this.selection" etc

If none of that makes any sense (not sure if am explaining this very well sorry) drop me a pm

cheers

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #8 Reply With Quote