Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
dave_in_tx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 23

Old August 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I created a magical item "gloves of dexterity" based on the "belt of dexterity" that already existed in the Pathfinder items in Herolab. It seem the +2 to dexterity improves scores on to hit but does not improve me toon's armor class.

Isn't a +2 to dexterity supposed to improve AC as well? Is the +2 on the item not "filtering down" to other stats on my toon?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave_in_TX
dave_in_tx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_tx View Post
Isn't a +2 to dexterity supposed to improve AC as well? Is the +2 on the item not "filtering down" to other stats on my toon?
Is your character wearing armor that is giving you a max Dex bonus? Is your character encumbered which would also cause a max Dex bonus like armor? In example if you have Full Plate armor you can only have a Dex bonus of +1 so if you raise your dex to 14 (+2) you still only get +1 to AC.

P.S. - Pathfinder is not WoW and we don't have "toons" we have "Characters"!

P.S.S - I am totally kidding about the character vs toons thing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dave_in_tx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 23

Old September 26th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Is your character wearing armor that is giving you a max Dex bonus? Is your character encumbered which would also cause a max Dex bonus like armor? In example if you have Full Plate armor you can only have a Dex bonus of +1 so if you raise your dex to 14 (+2) you still only get +1 to AC.

P.S. - Pathfinder is not WoW and we don't have "toons" we have "Characters"!

P.S.S - I am totally kidding about the character vs toons thing.
So somehow your armor needs to be able to support bonuses that you might get from items that give you pluses to protection, dexterity and maybe natural armor? I thought those things just stacked on top of whatever your armor gave you.

Dave_in_TX
dave_in_tx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nullPointer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 68

Old September 26th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Not so much support, as "not negate"

If your arm or gives Max dex +2, you have +1, and you get another +1, it'll apply
If you're at/over your Max, you can't go higher (just like in real life)
nullPointer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 765

Old September 26th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_in_tx View Post
So somehow your armor needs to be able to support bonuses that you might get from items that give you pluses to protection, dexterity and maybe natural armor? I thought those things just stacked on top of whatever your armor gave you.

Dave_in_TX
Yes they do, but no they do not always. If you look at any suit of armor in PF you will see an entry for "Max Dex Bonus". This entry is the maximum amount of dex bonus that can be applied to your AC while wearing this armor.

The rule is based on the simple idea that the bulkier and heavier the armor is, the more it restricts the wearer, thus they can't as effectively move out of the way, or dodge that sword aimed at their head. Thus each suit has such an entry, HL knows this rule and accounts for it.
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nullPointer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 68

Old September 26th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Oh, as well, you can't add both gloves of dex _and_ a belt of dex

Both grant an enhancement bonus, and similarly types bonuses don't stack (whichever is higher is the only amount applied)

If you want a higher bonus to dex, get a better belt
nullPointer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.