Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Sorry you are continuing to have this issue. We've all been pretty busy lately, but soon I hope to have time to fix this and other iPad issues users are experiencing. From what I can see right now "por" files are not being recognized as valid to import in at least some cases, so this is definitely a serious issue.
DaveM is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Panzerblitzer

Old February 10th, 2019, 09:29 PM
18 months since this was first noted.

Still doesn't work on my iPad.
Panzerblitzer is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 12th, 2019, 06:02 AM
This is something Dave looked into thoroughly for a previous iPad release. Google Drive specifically seems to have this problem, and it appears to be a problem with Google’s software, and I'm afraid it's not something we can control.

As he explained it, what is happening is that Hero Lab passes information to iOS saying “please show files to import, those that match this metadata are valid” where the metadata in question is some data that includes the file extension, but that is not the entirety of it.

For other online cloud drives like iCloud, this works fine. For Google Drive, this only seems to work if you have exported the portfolio from Hero Lab on iOS to Google Drive directly first (perhaps saving some extra metadata in the process?). Once Hero Lab tells iOS to display drives to import from, Hero Lab has no control whatsoever and does not interact directly with ANY cloud drives - that is all handled by iOS and the respective companies’ cloud software.

Dave tried contacting Google directly but hasn’t had much luck in getting them to even understand the issue.
Rone is offline   #23 Reply With Quote