Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Mystic Lemur

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
$300 on what? They don't have Starfinder content to buy.
Hardcover rulebooks and adventures, I imagine. It's more than a bit dishonest to claim that he only bought the stuff because of Hero Lab, though. Especially with the rules being Open Game content. He bought them because he wanted to play the system, and is now claiming he can't play without Hero Lab.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka View Post
One thing I haven't seen talked about that I still really want to know.

I have 5 licenses for my fairly large group of data sets. If I roll into HLO are we going to be able to use something like concurrent log in up to our license count or is this a crafty way to get me to pay 5 subscriptions? I am fond of using good tools to make my gaming enjoyable but if this is addressed poorly I'm going to be a sad panda.
This was specifically addressed in the FAQ, which you will find here:
http://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-online-faq/

Please see the question entitled:"How will my Hero Lab Classic secondary licenses transfer to Hero Lab Online?"
rob is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Hardcover rulebooks and adventures, I imagine. It's more than a bit dishonest to claim that he only bought the stuff because of Hero Lab, though. Especially with the rules being Open Game content. He bought them because he wanted to play the system, and is now claiming he can't play without Hero Lab.
I am not sure that is the case if you read his post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfyre View Post
I bought into starfinder to the tune of over $300 ONLY because you promised us Starfinder support, at the time I made those purchases via HLC and at the end of the month.
He says he bought it via HLC... I have no idea what Starfinder products he bought via HLC.
Toblakai is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Ruka

Old September 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Totally missed that. I claim reading on a phone while drinking...
Ruka is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 6th, 2017, 06:08 PM
(I think this might have gotten missed, reposting)

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds

Last edited by charlieluce; September 8th, 2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Bumped
charlieluce is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 6th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We don't have plans to do this ourselves, but definitely stay tuned for more on this very subject in the upcoming months...
If I didn't think it would irritate some already irritable users I'd suggest what I do and use this.

Soon(TM)

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylanfs (or Nylan)

Hero Lab Shadowrun 4E & 5e user
nylanfs is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
If I didn't think it would irritate some already irritable users I'd suggest what I do and use this.

Soon(TM)
Really, Paul?!?! There was only one sentence there to read, yet you conveniently chose to ignore the first half of it. After your earlier (read: disrespectful) antics in the other thread and now this, you need to take a timeout. Give it some thought, come back as a Hero Lab user, and stop trying to surreptitiously pimp your wares/agenda on our forums. I'm being dead serious here.

Thank you for your cooperation...
rob is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
noobzor

Old September 6th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
My 2 cents...

I have been working in software development for a long time, and this is the most open and honest discussion about the realities of application development that I have ever seen. Since I first bought Hero Lab years ago, these developers have always been this way. This kind of candor and respect for the community is something I have come to really appreciate about Lone Wolf Development. These folks work harder and care more about their work than any developer I have worked with, and it is evident in the things they create. They can't be in it for the money...if so, they are doing it all wrong. You just don't get software of this complexity and quality out of a tiny development studio without passion and sacrifice and highly skilled developers.

So, even though I am old and crotchety and impatient and generally afraid of change, I am content to wait and see what the future of Hero Lab (and other Lone Wolf stuff) has in store. Nobody wants this to be great more than Lone Wolf, and I trust that they are capable of making that happen.

Last edited by noobzor; September 6th, 2017 at 09:20 PM.
noobzor is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 6th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
That isn't fair, he didn't say that anyone was immature, just that they didn't like change. Which quite frankly a LOT of humans don't like change.

Edit: and I started to reply and then had to do some work stuff and then replied after you clarified.
Exactly. It was an observation, not a judgment. There is nothing necessarily wrong with being resistant to change. But if you need to change to meet your goals, you may have to leave behind those that are not interested in making the change with you.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old September 6th, 2017, 11:34 PM
First of thanks for the exhaustive answers! While not everything is completely to my liking, I understand the need of a company and appreciate the honesty.

I am mainly a Realm Works user and bought HL only for the Tactical Console. Basically as an expensive Initiative Tracker. I have a Player Character Topic in which I have a HL portfolio with all my chars.
Will I be able to automatically update this with HLO? When all chars of the group are in the cloud, can I pull the information into RW instead of doing it manually after level up?

At the beginning of each session I load the PCs portfolio into HL and each enounter I add the opponents and remove them after the fight. Works pretty fine.
Will this still work with HLO? Will there be a tactical console? Can Realm Works interact with HLO in the browser?
Merion is offline   #50 Reply With Quote