Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 12th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
because it clutters up the adjustments or templates lists.
And is cumbersome to change ;-( Which is why I've continued to tinker with some way to do this.

I've made progress, but I think I'm still unable to do this.

I've made a feat that can choose between available templates with a User.WSF? tag.

This works well.

But I've tried to bootstrap the template based on which fChosen is selected. But there is no numerical value for the chosen evidently on the feat. So all I have is a text string "xName" as "Wild Shape Form - No Current Form"

So I have questions:

1) Is there a way in a condition of a bootstrap to check a string?
fieldval:xName = "Wild Shape Form - No Current Form" doesn't appear to work.

2) Is there any way to run a script before a bootstrap so I can turn that string into something the bootstrap can algebraically load/notload?

3) There is no way to bootstrap in a script? Is there a way to bootstrap alll templates and deactivate them in a script? Like "FtHide" for feat?

4) Is there a way to make a new gizmo class (only ones currently are weapons/armor/spells now) and have it bootstrap the template onto the hero based on it's settings?

5) Is there a way to script all the changes a template makes without the need for a template? So I could have the one feat perform all the work of the templates in that one gigantic scripted feat?

6) I tried to use hTotal on the feat, and I can script changes to it. But the bootstrap condition "fieldval:hTotal = 2" doesn't cause the bootstrap to load when the value is set to 2 via a script.

Any answers to these approaches? Whether they will ever work or not? I feel like I'm so close.

Last edited by risner; December 12th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
risner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Progress.

I have a working template structure that loads a helper Special (hidden) that processes most of the boring work (removing things the new form doesn't get, etc)

Remaining items to code:
Deal with Wilding Clasp (currently not assigned to an object) to avoid disabling items with Clasps
Deal with stat boosting Wilding Clasp items.
Deal with Condition: Spell Enhanced Wild Shape instead of just MMoF 7th level
Deal with removing a land speed if the new form can only fly, etc.
Deal with actually removing old natural weapons (apparently D20 doesn't support Pathfinder's Hide.Weapon feature.)

Everything else pretty much works.

Where it breaks is usually the fault of other code (like Ex Sa abilities like Swallow Whole not being listed as an Attack so it can't be deactivated if on the base race.)

I'll try to get this code integrated into the code base for 1.3 release, but I have a lot more to do:
1) Need to merge my MoMF with community 1.2 version
2) Need to correct various Wild Shape things in community code to work (Extra Wild Shape feat, Armour of the Beast) with new code (mostly timing issues)

Not yet figured out:
How to bootstrap the template based on a set tag on the hero, but LawfulG is sending me some code to do so. If it works, I'll also put in the wild shape feat that allows selecting forms in a menu instead of adding/removing via templates.

Once this is released, it will be easy for others to create new templates for new forms. I'll try to hammer out how to do that in the form of docs in the ones I release, so it is as easy as copy similar creature and change text.
risner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
LawfulG, here is what I'm trying to do as requested:

I have a template I need to bootstrap only depending on a choice made via a feat:

Here is the feat:
Code:
  <thing id="fWildShape" name="Wild Shape Form" compset="Feat">
    <comment>junk
but useful to see how to select templates from a User.WSF?</comment>
    <fieldval field="ftCandExpr" value="User.WSF?"/>
    <tag group="fCategory" tag="General" name="General" abbrev="General"/>
    <bootstrap thing="tmOctTree">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="100">fieldval:hTotal = 2</containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <eval phase="First"><![CDATA[
     ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
     if (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0) then
          done
     endif

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
     if (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0) then
          done
     endif

~ Forward the Template tags from that thing to the hero
     var result as number
     result = field[fChosen].chosen.forward[User.WSF?]

if (hero.tagis[User.WSFOctTree] <> 0) then
          debug "User.WSFOctTree on Hero"
          field[hTotal].value = 2
     else
          debug "no User.WSFOctTree on Hero"
          field[hTotal].value = 1
     endif

debug field[hTotal].value]]></eval>
    </thing>
The feat has a choice made from templates with User.WSF? format tags.
The choice is then forwarded to the hero.
But I can't get any bootstrap in the feat to pay attention either the tag on the Feat, on the Hero, or hTotal set.

Last edited by risner; December 13th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
risner is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Can you send me the relevant prestige class, feat, and templates so I can see and fiddle with the whole thing's interaction?
Lawful_g is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Can you send me the relevant prestige class, feat, and templates so I can see and fiddle with the whole thing's interaction?
ok

http://h.stdio.com/~risner/LG.zip

Notes: this works with Community 1.2 files, but you need to use the CAdv - Master of Many Forms I include (which is hacked to a different name.)
I need to merge your MoMF PrC with my MoMF PrC (in the @Upload.user file) and put them in 1.3

This PC has a lot of Wild Shape related features including a number of features not in the community 1.2 dataset. I'm going to (time permitting) integrate this all and fix up the broken (with this stuff) Wild Shape things in the community 1.2 set (like Extra Wild Shape feat, etc.)

@Errata is where I'm putting things (newish file) to integrate by changing stuff in the community files.

@NewUpload.user is more stuff for a second character I was building.

@D20 Additional has a lot of junk and the current attempt at wild shaping templates (only DragonHawk and Zern are in there now. Octopus Tree is old and not the newest template. Things labeled as junk are not currently used.)

This preceding message is my brain dump on this batch of files so I can answer any questions you might have to begin looking.

How to use:

New game system
Community 1.2 data set
overwrite CAdv-MasterManyForms.user
Add these files to the directory.
Load Fester .por
Add feat Wild Shape Form and select Dragonhawk

To get it working, the feat needs to bootstrap ONLY the Dragonhawk template when Dragonhawk is selected and no longer bootstrap the other templates.
risner is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM
k. Got it. Give me a bit to look over things. On my way to work now so may be a while.
Lawful_g is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
k. Got it. Give me a bit to look over things. On my way to work now so may be a while.
Been working on it since.
I think I have it working, but only in a class special (instead of feat)

But all the code is wrong now (tagging the wrong specials as hidden, etc.)

Using Phase Testing Global Variables properly bootstraps the template.
risner is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Yep working fine (the selecting and the bootstrapping) but the code now isn't working.

Code that compared each.field[xName].text now shows those fields "" (blank) instead of text. So the code to search for Breath Weapon and Gaze Attack is flagging all specials. Yay me. Trying to figure out why this is happening now.

I updated the LG.zip file to this code.
You select the form from inside the Druid class from a toggle out of the Wild Shape class feature.
risner is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Working fine now.

I only have 2 forms:
Zern (MM IV)
Dragonhawk (Five Nations)

I also have the "Natural Form" which can clean up some things to set you back to defaults.

I'm fairly sure everything is working. If anyone is curious the file above (LG.zip) is updated.

I'm not going to have time to work on this again until Friday or so, but during the weekend I'm going to try to build a form for everything that a MoMF can be. This should allow people to duplicate a similar creature and have most of the pre-req checks done automatically for you.
risner is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Oh good. Sorry I couldn't be more help before you solved it on your own.
Lawful_g is offline   #20 Reply With Quote