Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

kingpaul

Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old February 18th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivisect
Ummm...maybe I'm missing it or something, but I can't find this poll of which you speak. :?
Its in the general forum for HL: http://support.wolflair.com/index.ph...ewtopic&t=6470
kingpaul is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 3rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
At 05:24 PM 2/17/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Hero Lab seems very promising with respect to adding support for all classes from official and open game sources, so please Lone Wolf Dev. don't make us Psions, Wilders, Soulknife, Psychic Warriors and Lurks (Complete Psionic) wait too long for our "Class" choice to be incorporated. Templates are great but classes are better.
Our prioritiies are based largely on the feedback we've gotten, which includes direct emails sent to us, comments at shows, posts here on these forums, and posts in forums elsewhere. In this respect, psionics has generally been lagging behind the other missing facets of the SRD in demand. Another factor is the volume of work involved in adding a particular piece of functionality. In that respect, fully implementing psionics represents a substantial amount of work compared to the other missing facets of the SRD.

Given both of these factors, I'm not surprised that psionics has been viewed as a relatively low priority by the creators of other tools. We are faced with the same decisions regarding the order in which we tackle adding each piece of functionality. In addition to the SRD, though, we also have to factor in new features to the core Hero Lab product, as well as the development of data files for other game systems. And don't forget the clamor for us to prepare the Authoring Kit for general use. So there's a lot of competition between these various tasks, and the reality is that, regardless of which features we do first, there will always be people who would rather we did things in a different order. That's an unfortunate reality, and I would love to be able to wave a magic wand to have everything implemented all at once.

Given the above factors, our current objective is to get all of the remaining missing elements of the SRD into place within the next couple of weeks, with the *exception* of psionics. We are also planning to add a few features to HL within that timeframe - features that we've had continuous requests for. Once that is done, some of the most important items on our todo list will be put to bed and psionics will percolate upwards in the list.

I realize this isn't going to be viewed as the optimal sequence by those of you who desperately want psionics added. But we're faced with making hard choices that are guaranteed to make some people unhappy. We faced this same problem when we first released our Army Builder and Card Vault products, and those products ultimately evolved to include all the core functionality that everyone was clamoring for. It just took us a bit of time to get it all added. So please hang in there. Psionics is definitely on the todo list - it just hasn't yet percolated to the top. :-)

Thanks, Rob
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
lupi

Old March 22nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
Now that the rest of the SRD is in place with 1.1, what do you estimate the timeframe to be for completion of Psionics...??
lupi is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2007, 02:36 AM
At 08:06 AM 3/22/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Now that the rest of the SRD is in place with 1.1, what do you estimate the timeframe to be for completion of Psionics...??
I don't have an answer for that yet. In addition to psionics, we also need to add epic support to have the complete SRD in place. So we need to figure out who many people want epic support vs. psionics.

We got V1.1 out the door just in time before we left for the tradeshow. As a result, we haven't yet had a chance to discuss the game plan for the next few months. The first iteration of that is going to be happening on Monday.

I guess we need to setup a poll and use that to fuel our planning. So look for a poll on Monday that address this topic....
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
kingpaul

Send a message via AIM to kingpaul Send a message via MSN to kingpaul Send a message via Yahoo to kingpaul

Old March 25th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
we also need to add epic support to have the complete SRD in place.
And don't forget divine ranks and salient divine abilities so you can build gods.

Of course, that requires the epic stuff first
kingpaul is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
At 09:27 AM 3/25/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
rob wrote:
we also need to add epic support to have the complete SRD in place.

And don't forget divine ranks and salient divine abilities so you can build gods. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course, that requires the epic stuff first [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Which is why we've basically lumped it in with the epic stuff for all practical purposes.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
kerashi

Old June 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I would really like to see psionics support. I have been looking for a program like this one, but as my main character is a psion, I can't really use it until psionics support is completed, so doesn't look like I'll be buying it just yet...
kerashi is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
kerashi wrote:
>
>
> I would really like to see psionics support. I have been looking for a
> program like this one, but as my main character is a psion, I can't
> really use it until psionics support is completed, so doesn't look like
> I'll be buying it just yet...

I'll be working on Psionics next week.