Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
Also, would like to see a square brush to remove the fog. the circular brush and the rectangle reveal tool are nice, but in complicated areas, square would help.
+1 to this.....
as to the rest, the community should remember that RW is not intended to be your map making tool, (there are lots of better ones, even free) (SEE Gimp, http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html)
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Hubrice

Old July 1st, 2014, 08:48 AM
I use Campaign Cartographer for my maps, so I'm not asking for RW to do anything like that. However, for the Smart Map to be of use, RW needs to have some more tools.

Something that would be useful would be the ability to overlay one image on top of another, both with separate reveal states. This would solve the problem of secret doors, traps, etc.

For Example:

Map A is the primary exploration map of a dungeon. It has the walls, floors, and major fixtures. This would be the primary map for the player view and would use the normal reveal tools (adding in squares and polygon brushes).

Map B is the DM map, that has the secret doors, traps, notes, etc. In CC you can separate this data by layers.

RW would then allow you to import Map B and lay it over Map A. The DM would be able to see the complete map, players would only see Map A as it is revealed. The DM could then make Map B available to players to see, and as he or she reveals parts of that map (secret doors, etc), they would show up in the player view.

This method would also allow for various templates for spell effects to be used. The "background" would be set to transparent and the effect could be overlaid on top of Map A. This way RW does not have to add a number of new tools and images. It just needs to support multiple images.

I'm not saying this would be easier to code than adding new stuff. Heck it might be twice and hard and way over budget. Just throwing out a suggestion that keeps the map-building separate from the revealing.

But at the very least, more pin options, please.
Hubrice is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 1st, 2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubrice View Post
....... However, for the Smart Map to be of use, RW needs to have some more tools.

Something that would be useful would be the ability to overlay one image on top of another, both with separate reveal states. This would solve the problem of secret doors, traps, etc.

But at the very least, more pin options, please.
Ah, ok, thanks for Clarifying Hubrice... and that would be helpful to overlay one on another ... even to change the transparency would add to that....
++1
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old July 4th, 2014, 07:48 AM
+1 for me. If you had the pins with a small bit of text (like a room number) above them as well as the hover feature to give more description, it would be great. Clicking the pin or the room number to go to and associated map or snippet would be very useful too (this may be in there already but I just haven't used it so I'm not sure)
Gord is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old July 5th, 2014, 04:31 AM
+1 here too
Bidmaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote