Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Is there a way to make a chart that references gender? For example, I want to make a status chart that gives ranks by level that also references the correct term based on gender. For example, a king would show up as queen for a female character.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
You've posted this in the Hero Lab general discussion forum, so there's no context for your question.

Is this question related to a particular game system? Is this for a system you're building using the authoring kit? How will this be used? (that could affect how it needs to be generated)
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
In my case I am using Mutants and Masterminds 3, but I would think that any RPG that has a gender could benefit from knowing how to add things that reference a character's gender. This is why I figured it was a more generalized question.

I can already make a chart that accesses a rank/level/whatever in a given trait. But it would be cool to do this in a way that it will give one result if you are male, another if you are female. It is really easy to do in Excel, with true/false and vlookups, but if I wanted to make an excel spreadsheet, I would. But I would rather use Herolab.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
The way you'll reference it could really vary from system to system - each one might be storing the information differently, and how you'll apply that information will depend on how you want to use it.

The simple way to do this would be a bunch of if...elseif tests - test for gender, then start testing for each of the levels, and depending on the results, output different text.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote