Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Cidiak

Old September 11th, 2018, 05:34 AM
I need the collective wisdom of the crowd. I am trying to create a racial ability that adds +1 to AC when an ally is next to the creature. I wanted to code this as a user activated ability, but for the life of me, I can't get the AC to change. This is the script:

Quote:
if (field[actUser].value <> 0) then
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 1
endif
It works without the if/then wrap, but I can't workout how to get it to change on ticking the box in the In-Play tab.

Secondly, I have created a bunch of spell casters that when I select spells (via Racial spells tab), I get validation errors for too many spells, even if I just put in one spell.
Cidiak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 11th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidiak View Post
This is the script:

Code:
if (field[actUser].value <> 0) then
endif
actUser is normally a user requested value that gets used if you have the Choose Amount of Activation? checkbox checked - it's the value that the user selects.

I think you want

Code:
if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
endif
Quote:
Secondly, I have created a bunch of spell casters that when I select spells (via Racial spells tab), I get validation errors for too many spells, even if I just put in one spell.
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you chose Spellcasting in the Spellcasting Helper button did you provide a caster level? I don't think it works without it.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cidiak

Old September 11th, 2018, 03:11 PM
dungeonguru thanks for the correct script, works beautifully.

Re Spellcasting. The issue has gone away. I have no idea why. Clearly the fear of your scrutiny caused it to behave. 😊

This is what I was going to say...

Quote:
I'll rephrase. I've created a low level mage. I've set spellcaster helper to xSpellcast, caster level 4, intelligence attribute and wizard spell list.

When back in Herolab and I am creating the NPC, it generated Validation errors for too many spells or cantrips as soon as I select any spells in the Racial Spells tab
Cidiak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 11th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Quote:
dungeonguru thanks for the correct script, works beautifully.

Re Spellcasting. The issue has gone away. I have no idea why. Clearly the fear of your scrutiny caused it to behave. 😊
Haha, not likely.

A word of advice I heard a long time ago from ShadowChemosh needs to be passed along from time to time. Using the Test Now button is not 100% bulletproof - there are times when bootstrapped "things" just don't load right and you just need to save your change, exit the editor and restart HL before you get a clean test.

The weird test results usually happen for me when I'm messing with adding class abilities, new classes, and definitely configurables or things that open up new tabs in the UI. I normally just reload HL after I get things to Test Now without any obvious errors and then reload before I trust my results.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote