Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old August 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed the - Strength Effect - option doesn't allow for any kind of Flaw or Drawback. I was attempting this specifically with DC's The Atom (Al Pratt) from the H&V book, who has Penetrating on 8 ranks of Strength but Flawed to be Distracting and Noticeable. I've got a workaround where I've just made the Penetrating an 8 rank Feature and applied the modifiers, which works with the math but lacks a little elegance.

I guess the coding would get a little more complicated in the background, since in this case the Flaw should be applied to Penetrating itself, and not to Strength or it would just cancel out the Penetrating cost completely.

Also, is it possible to allow free-floating modifiers for effects other than Strength to be used? I'm thinking specifically of Green Lantern's Force Bubble, which is an AE slot in his Force Manipulation array that adds Range, Burst Area and Affects Others to his Life Support outside the array. Could a - Modifier - option be created that effectively Stacks with an existing power?
JDRook is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
This one came up again on the boards, so I'm re-mentioning it for Colen. Also, is it still impossible to Flaw "naked" extras like Impervious? If so, why?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Impaler

Old December 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I have been trying to figure out what's going on with that, didn't know if it was a bug on my end or if it was actually in the system, glad I have an answer of some sort though :/ Kind of weird it doesn't allow flaws to compute on strength effects when a flaw is a type of modifier and under the "Damage" power it specifically states how strength effects can have modifiers of any kind.
Impaler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote