Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old August 17th, 2022, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Hey Sendric, can you look at the Discipline Weapon Focus ability for the Swordsage (Tome of Battle)? I got it to apply Broadcast.WepFocus to each of the discipline weapons but when I tried to assign WepFocus.eachweapon to the hero it kept giving an invalid tag error
WepFocus.eachweapon is an invalid tag. I think there's an easier way to handle this. First, change all the thingid.w? tags on the general abilities to WepFocus.w? then apply the following changes to the script on class special starting with the doneif line:

Code:
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[WepFocus.?]
perform hero.pushtags[WepFocus.?]

var weapons as string

weapons = tagids[WepFocus.?, "|"]

foreach pick in hero where weapons
  perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepFocus]
nexteach

Last edited by Sendric; August 17th, 2022 at 03:53 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1121 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
WepFocus.eachweapon is an invalid tag. I think there's an easier way to handle this. First, change all the thingid.w? tags on the general abilities to WepFocus.w? then apply the following changes to the script on class special starting with the doneif line:
That doesn't work as WepFocus hasn't been assigned yet. The chooser picks the discipline and is supposed to assign Broadcast.WepFocus tag to each of the discipline weapons. I have that working without issue.

the problem is this line

Code:
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[thingid.w?]
id = tagids[thingid.w?, "|"]
focus = replace(id,"thingid","WepFocus",0)
perform hero.assignstr[focus]
I need to assign the WepFocus.? tag to the hero for each of the weapons to meet prerequisites for feats and classes. For example: the feat quickstaff requires the hero be tagged with WepFocus.wQtrstaff. If the chooser is Setting Sun, which has quarterstaff as a discipline weapon, it needs to tell that to the hero

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #1122 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 22nd, 2022, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
That doesn't work as WepFocus hasn't been assigned yet. The chooser picks the discipline and is supposed to assign Broadcast.WepFocus tag to each of the discipline weapons. I have that working without issue.

the problem is this line

Code:
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[thingid.w?]
id = tagids[thingid.w?, "|"]
focus = replace(id,"thingid","WepFocus",0)
perform hero.assignstr[focus]
I need to assign the WepFocus.? tag to the hero for each of the weapons to meet prerequisites for feats and classes. For example: the feat quickstaff requires the hero be tagged with WepFocus.wQtrstaff. If the chooser is Setting Sun, which has quarterstaff as a discipline weapon, it needs to tell that to the hero
I tested the changes I recommended before I posted it and it does work. The tags appear on the hero. It does look like the script is running later than Weapon Focus so push the script back to Pre-Levels/5000. I've tested this with the example you give above and it works.

Edit: Changing the timing messed up the candidate expression. I don't know why the script needs to adjust that so I made some changes to remove that part of the script. I also added some text to the description so users can at least see what weapons they'll be getting weapon focus for. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.5 - Tome of Battle.zip (118.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Sendric; August 23rd, 2022 at 05:03 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1123 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old August 23rd, 2022, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I tested the changes I recommended before I posted it and it does work. The tags appear on the hero. It does look like the script is running later than Weapon Focus so push the script back to Pre-Levels/5000. I've tested this with the example you give above and it works.

Edit: Changing the timing messed up the candidate expression. I don't know why the script needs to adjust that so I made some changes to remove that part of the script. I also added some text to the description so users can at least see what weapons they'll be getting weapon focus for. See attached.
I see where the disconnect is. I have the weapons tagged in the discipline things as thingid.weapon and you have them tagged as WepFocus.weapon.

I have the candidate expression the way it is due to feats from Path of War that will allow you to swap out disciplines for different ones. In that instance, the Swordsage would need to find the thing for that discipline instead of the one forgotten.

I'll do some working and see what I can do.

I have a Patreon and PayPal. Donations are appreciated but are not mandatory. They are only to show support while I program stuff.
Illyahr is offline   #1124 Reply With Quote
Shaman964

Old September 19th, 2022, 07:46 PM
The synergy description for the Search Skill has changed. It no longer reads that you get a synergy to Survival checks to find or follow tracks.

Now it reads that you get a +2 bonus to find secret or hidden doors. I have no idea where that appeared from. Though you did get that bonus from Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering which remains unchanged.
Shaman964 is offline   #1125 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 19th, 2022, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman964 View Post
The synergy description for the Search Skill has changed. It no longer reads that you get a synergy to Survival checks to find or follow tracks.

Now it reads that you get a +2 bonus to find secret or hidden doors. I have no idea where that appeared from. Though you did get that bonus from Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering which remains unchanged.
I see that too. Maybe its been abbreviated, but without realising it they cut out the middle of the text. This should be a LW error, not a community change.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1126 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 20th, 2022, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman964 View Post

Curious. There isn't anything in the community set to change that as far as I can tell. Not sure why it would have been changed in the first place, even by LW. That said, it can be easily fixed in the editor by creating a new Search skill to replace the old with a new description.
Sendric is offline   #1127 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old February 16th, 2023, 01:29 PM
The Spell Shapechange has the old info that has been errata'd

Quote:
Shapechange
Player's Handbook, page 277
Second sentence of spell description is in error.
Change “more than twice your caster level in Hit Dice”
to “more than your caster level in Hit Dice.” Also,
change “50” to “25”
Spyderbane is offline   #1128 Reply With Quote
Denricht

Old August 28th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Fix: if you build a cleric using Divine Magician variant and select Vampiric touch and Command Undead to meet all the pre requisite of Pale Master it doesn't recognize the requirement
Denricht is offline   #1129 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 29th, 2023, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denricht View Post
Fix: if you build a cleric using Divine Magician variant and select Vampiric touch and Command Undead to meet all the pre requisite of Pale Master it doesn't recognize the requirement
This is not likely to be changed - if fact it probably can't be. HeroLab doesn't have a way of checking if you can cast individual spells. The Pale Master class is set up to check for the skill requirements and Arcane Caster level 4+.

Personally I'm inclined to believe that a Cleric with 'Divine Magician' is NOT casting those "as arcane spells". He's still a Divine caster that has added Arcane spells to their cleric spell list. If you want to allow it, you'll probably just have to ignore HL's warning.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1130 Reply With Quote