Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hokucho

Old February 5th, 2018, 10:45 AM
So I've been making a custom campaign that my friends are really enjoying but i noticed something only recently, when i give a monster multiple attacks, the to-hit goes way down. I'm assuming this is to balance things but I just want the monsters to be able to attack with multiple things, rather than using them all at once.

Is there a way to add multiple attacks without HL tanking the to-hit values?
Hokucho is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 5th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Depends on what "multiple things" things are. If you are dealing with creatures using primary natural attacks (Bite, claw, ect) they should all have the same attack bonus. If you are dealing with manufactured weapons, you will need the two weapon fighting feat, (which lowers the penalty to -2) and if you are using a combination of manufactured and natural the naturals take a -5. Those are just the pathfinder rules, however there are adjustments that can be applied to each to boost the to hit if you feel that the attack bonuses are too low.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 6th, 2018, 07:22 AM
If the issue is your natural weapons becoming secondary (and thus taking -5) when you equip a weapon, there is a monster which ignores that limitation, the Xill. Look at the abilities that adds and you should be able to figure out how to do the same for your monster.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hokucho

Old February 7th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Depends on what "multiple things" things are. If you are dealing with creatures using primary natural attacks (Bite, claw, ect) they should all have the same attack bonus. If you are dealing with manufactured weapons, you will need the two weapon fighting feat, (which lowers the penalty to -2) and if you are using a combination of manufactured and natural the naturals take a -5. Those are just the pathfinder rules, however there are adjustments that can be applied to each to boost the to hit if you feel that the attack bonuses are too low.
It was when I was adding a spit attack after it had a wing attack if that helps?
Hokucho is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 8th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Did all attack bonuses drop or just for the new attack? if its just the new attack odds are its being considered a secondary natural attack.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote