Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farnaby

Old October 31st, 2014, 03:17 AM
When starting to sync, I get asked if I want to overwrite the cloud or the local data.

The difference between the 2 data sets is that my local data has 2 game sessions more, the other data is the same.

I made a backup and tried to overwrite the cloud.
This resulted in the -500 sync error.

I then tried again and chose to overwrite the local data.
This worked without an error.

Restoring the backup and tried to overwrite the cloud again and received the -500 again.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited by Farnaby; October 31st, 2014 at 03:27 AM.
Farnaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2014, 07:48 AM
Farnaby, thanks for the information. Please make sure that you include this information in your support email as well so that all of the information around the error is in once place for the development team.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old November 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
I also had a -500 error right after updating. I tried again today and it synced without error. Should I submit a "Me too!" bug report?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old November 2nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
I had the same issue than Farnaby and did exactly the same as he with the same results. But now I have the following error message
Galahan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
I also had a -500 error right after updating. I tried again today and it synced without error. Should I submit a "Me too!" bug report?
Yes, please submit a bug report always. This gives David and the rest of the team more data.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Standing well OUTSIDE the programing fence on this... BUT sometimes a cold eye review sees more clearly....
I have used (extensively) most all the features within RW (even unlocking some of the "locked" categories, I know 30 lashes with a wet noodle is forth coming).
BUT I have BARELY used the player view features.(may have turned them on once or twice when I first installed the software)..

I generally utilize RW as a DM management tool Pre/During/Post game and fortunately have not had the -500 issue that seems to not go away (knocking on wood here).

I am curious if others use this particular feature more extensively, could there, may there, be a correlation?

Purely speculation....
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
I don't touch the player view stuff and could really care less about it for the forseeable future. I suffer the dread -500.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Indus101

Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:30 PM
My speculative theory was that it had something to do with the amount of data entered into the Realm. It would make sense then that more people would encounter the problem as more time went along (and their Realms got progressively larger).

Do those experiencing the -500 problem have large projects?

To my knowledge, I was the second person to experience this (back in September), and I do tend to put in several hours of work on my realm everyday, with topics, maps, sound cues, etc. numbering well into the hundreds if not more.

Just a thought.
Indus101 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:00 PM
I encountered the freezing on sync bug last week.

My realm file is ~37MB in size (contains 2 realms). There's a few large maps & some Hero Lab files, so there's no other media files (music / sfx etc).

I only use it for basic stuff like smart images & standard topics. There's some custom tags, but nothing out of the ordinary.
DMG is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
My theory is that I move and rename and recategorize things too much. I'm putting the poor program through convulsions....

Hmm, over here? No, let's move it there. Red background, no lavendar, no plain, plain, yes that works best. Prefix, no tags. Nope, not a Quest, move it to Location. Maybe I do want prefix instead of tags. Erase the alias and hope that the linkages aren't going to be too much of a problem. Prefixes AND tags. Maybe I should do some smart images for a while.... And on and on and on.... And RW just puts up with my fickleness without complaining and only occasionally spits out a -500 to tell me to knock it off.
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote