Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

sleepyspoonie

Old February 15th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Hello! My DM has a decently homebrewed version of 4E running right now, and I've been toiling in the editor to add the changes into Hero Lab for myself and the rest of my party. So far, I haven't had much trouble, but I've hit a stumbling block now.

One of the things my DM homebrewed in was the ability to spend experience points to purchase certain class powers. Adding and subtracting XP is nothing, but I'd like to add to the number of at-will powers all classes have access to. To simulate this, I was hoping to create a custom Permanent Adjustment where you could add to the number of At-Will powers that you're allowed to have at any given time.

I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this one, if this is the best way to go about it, or if it's even feasible. If anyone could give me a hand, it'd be massively appreciated. (And sorry in advance if this isn't the best place for such a question!)
sleepyspoonie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CNYGamer

Old May 10th, 2017, 08:06 PM
And if I could piggyback on to this question by adding, what about going in the other direction (reducing the number of at-will powers a class can have)? For example, the Sentinel druid only receives one at-will power at first level, but Hero Lab expects you to select two at-will powers else it will flag the Class tab red for being incomplete.
CNYGamer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sleepyspoonie

Old May 12th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGamer View Post
And if I could piggyback on to this question by adding, what about going in the other direction (reducing the number of at-will powers a class can have)? For example, the Sentinel druid only receives one at-will power at first level, but Hero Lab expects you to select two at-will powers else it will flag the Class tab red for being incomplete.
This one I actually know how to do! (no word on my question though, alas :P)

For this one, go into the editor and navigate to the mechanics tab. Make a copy of the "Sentinel At-Will Powers" page and duplicate it, then open up the area where it says "Class Powers Per Level." There's going to be an array of levels, all with a whole load of boxes -– each row will have two columns with a 1 in it. If you delete all the ones out of all the second columns, it will reduce the number of at-will powers Sentinels have access to down to 1. Don't forget to mark it down as replacing SenPwrAtW, and you should be golden!
sleepyspoonie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old May 13th, 2017, 09:09 AM
You could try looking at the Human ability to get an extra at-will. Something in the scripting for that might help you figure out how to add them another way.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #4 Reply With Quote