Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

beltaur

Old May 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
I see how to make a custom monster. Start by making an NPC not character, then under Race choose Custom Monster, stat it up but my problem is how do you save the new created race so that it shows up in the choose race dialog?

I know that you can save it as an NPC but I want to see it show up in the race drop down.

Thanks in advance and sorry if asked but search showed nothing.
beltaur is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 1st, 2016, 06:31 PM
I don't think you can do it as you are thinking.

Custom Monster lets you make a one off monster. You can save that portfolio and use it again still which would allow you load that monster into the encounter manager etc.

However what you are asking sounds like creating a race that will be permanently available as a selection once you have created it. For that you would need to build the race in the Tools > Editor.

Open up the editor and use the Copy button down the bottom left. Find a pre-existing race and just poke around in the tool to see how its done. Its quite easy to learn.
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
beltaur

Old May 7th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the response. I was talking about creating a race. Your response makes perfect sense, I was hoping for more than what was provided.

Thanks and I would have gotten a response sooner but was away from the computer.
beltaur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote