Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 30th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d20Maverick View Post
I'd like to request Essence Retention - lock the essence once the "Advancement" button has been clicked, as you currently do with karma. It can go down as more augmentations are installed, but it shouldn't go back up (as evidenced by the line, "When it’s gone, it doesn’t come back" on p. 52).

For example, let's say I have a military decker who began play with an implanted datajack and implanted Renraku Tsurugi cyberdeck, but after a series of very profitable runs he wants to upgrade to the Sony CIY-720. He doesn't want the new cyberdeck stuffed back inside him but want to keep it out where he can repair it without having to see a street doc to open him up so that he can get to it. So, he has the implanted cyberdeck removed, freeing up 0.4 essence. However, he doesn't get this essence back, so HeroLab should still see him as having 5.5 essence, even though only 0.1 essence is now being used. The other 0.4 essence can be reused later (if, say, my decker decides he really wants a standard-grade rating 2 Cerebral Booster to make him an even better decker), but he never goes "back" to 5.9 essence, he will (from the time he is locked for advancement) forever more be at 5.5 essence or less.
This was an optional rule in 4th, but wasn't actually printed in the core rulebook back then - it was in the Augmentation book. I suspect that this optional rule will be put back in as an official optional rule once 5th edition's version of Augmentation is released.
Mathias is online now   #61 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:35 AM
Really? That's odd, I could have sworn I read it in the 5th Ed Core book (I never had any of the 4th Ed SR stuff).

Though it's possible I just confused fluff with crunch. Thanks for the clarification!
d20Maverick is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to add a movement tracker in the tactical console for walking, running and sprinting?

Also, is it possible to create news adjustement in play for spell like ARMOR and others?

Thanks
Guiche007 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
A lot of the spell adjustments can be done individually using the existing Adjustments mechanism, they just aren't organized by spell. For example, I've created an adjustment for my combat medic mage that boosts Reaction and Intiative Dice when she casts her "Improved Reflexes" spell with two adjustments, then added a third adjustment for the Armor value of her Urban Explorer jumpsuit (which seems to be the best way I can find to represent her Armor spell). I pre-create them, and then just check them when they are active in play.

The movement tracker (if nothing else, at least and indicator that you can use to remind yourself of when a character you are controlling is Running or Sprinting and therefore suffering attack penalties and gaining a defense bonus) would be a sweet addition!
d20Maverick is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old June 9th, 2014, 03:30 PM
hi,

i have a problem with increase reflexe spell with the in-play adjustment. Tell me if i'm wrong but it´s impossible to give a bonus to initiative score with the in-play adjustment. it's possible to give dice bonus on initiatve but not on initiative score.

You can't give a reaction boost beceause increase reflexe doen't increase it and reaction is to important for dodging and everything.

Yo
Guiche007 is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 9th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiche007 View Post
hi,

i have a problem with increase reflexe spell with the in-play adjustment. Tell me if i'm wrong but it´s impossible to give a bonus to initiative score with the in-play adjustment. it's possible to give dice bonus on initiatve but not on initiative score.

You can't give a reaction boost beceause increase reflexe doen't increase it and reaction is to important for dodging and everything.

Yo
You can do it on the Adjust tab. Have one entry for Initiative and one for Initiative Dice.
ShadowWalker is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Eviltikiman

Old June 10th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I'm unsure if this has been suggested, but it would be nice if there was a space in the matrix tab(or a new tab when in play mode) that lists all of the wireless devices on the character with a checkmark to denote if it is slaved or not(and with the wireless toggle). As of now tracking slaved devices requires too much clicking around.

Also being able to organize the gear tab such one such way being that if a item is "placed in" something, that thing should actually be placed under that container and slightly indented.
Eviltikiman is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiche007 View Post
Good catch, something else I misread. But ShadowWalker is correct, "Initiative" is listed under the "Attribute" adjustment, and you can use that to reflect the Increase Reflexes spell. So you'd have two entries, both of "Sustained" Duration and with "Increase Reflexes" as the Source, with one entry being "Attribute" with "Initiative" chosen from the drop-down box and the other being "Initiative Dice".
d20Maverick is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Speaking of the Adjustments tab, could we get those integrated into the Condition Monitors button on the Tactical Console, as HeroLab does with most of its other supported rulesets?

And perhaps also the addition of Adjustments such as Defense, so that we can add dice for the use of the Combat Sense spell or cover/improved cover?

Also, I miss the Bound/Active/Force Focus listings in the Basics column after I lock a character for advancement. Do those appear in a different column/tab after you lock a character for advancement, or can we get them back on the Basics tab even after locking for advancement (as well as added to the printout)? Those are very handy at all times, especially if you have an Awakened character that likes to live dangerously with constantly-active Sustained or Qi foci that could result in a serious Addiction.

Last edited by d20Maverick; June 12th, 2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Added focus requests
d20Maverick is offline   #69 Reply With Quote