Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorta View Post
I did a search on Magic and didn't find this mentioned, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else.

The program seems to be incorrectly limiting the magic attribute. Specifically I was trying to enter in Frosty from Artifacts Unbound and it is limiting her magic attribute to 9 when calculating her magic based dice pools.

In SRA p. 68 under the 'Attribute Ratings' heading, it says that Physical and Mental attributes are limited to 1.5 times the natural rating. Magic is neither a Physical or Mental attribute, it is a special attribute.
pg 82: "Magic and Resonance can both be raised to a natural maximum of 6 (+ initiaion/submersion grade) regardless of metatype"
Mathias is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Need a new scroll bar added in the Social Tab to allow scrolling between the sections, not just within the sections. If you acquire enough contacts or identities then the Subscriptions & memberships section gets pushed off the bottom of the screen, with no way to access it. If you have something already entered into that section, like a P2.0 subscription, then it shows in the summary window even after the section is no longer accessible in the main window, but you can not access that section by clicking on the entry showing in the summary window.
CeaDawg is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM
When adding the extreme environment modification to a vehicle, after character creation, the customize button is disabled and there is no text box or drop down menu available to select the extreme environment it will operate in. So, the resulting addition looks like this:

Extreme Environment Modification:????

and throws up a validation error about selecting an environment.
CeaDawg is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Vehicle weapon mounts and reinforced weapon mounts are not defined as containers, so no weapons can be placed in them on the vehicle.
CeaDawg is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
Vehicle weapon mounts and reinforced weapon mounts are not defined as containers, so no weapons can be placed in them on the vehicle.
For the weapon mounts, when you add a weapon to a vehicle in the weapons tab, a drop down menu will appear on the weapon for Weapon Location. Select your weapon mount for the weapon from that drop down and Hero Lab will know the weapon is on the mount.

Note that whenever you add a vehicle weapon, the default location is Cargo.
RavenX is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old February 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
That's what I'd expect, but the only option is cargo, and in the gear listing cargo is listed as a container, but the weapon mounts are not. There is a similar issue with the slide mounts for the cyberware.

Last edited by CeaDawg; February 29th, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: incomplete
CeaDawg is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Which weapon are you trying to put on a mount, and what sort of mount is it?
Mathias is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 1st, 2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks Mathias, it was indeed a matter of weapon combination and turret selection. The S-K Taurus LGC requires a reinforced Weapon Mount of the heavy turret variety, and not just turret. However, since I made that change and placed the weapon inside that turret, I now get a validation error that says I need to add implant maintenance to the MIG-67's lifestyle. This may not be from the Taurus, but from the Ares Thunderstruck, which is in a fixed mount and has a laser sight as an automatic mod. Unfortunately, when I removed that weapon from the vehicle, HL stopped working, and Win 7 crashed upon forcing an exit from the non-functioning HL. Adding the implant maintenance to the character that owns the vehicle does not clear this error, nor does removing all of the added weapon mounts and weapons. The only thing left showing is the MIG's integrated pilot.

Last edited by CeaDawg; March 1st, 2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: more info
CeaDawg is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Back to the issue of the Mig-67 requiring "Implant Maintenance" be added to one of it's lifestyles... Sorry, long post....

I looked through the file and could not identify the tag that was causing the validation error requiring this. So, I started a process of elimination.

First I placed each weapon back into Cargo, then deleted each weapon, followed by each weapon mount, and so on until the validation error cleared. That did not happen until I'd deleted the Mig itself. Once the validation error was cleared, I saved the profile under a new name. Next I added the Mig-67 again, and a validation error appeared, but the table of errors is empty, saying there are no validation errors. Yet the Icon is still present. It does not even tell what hero the error belongs to.

Dumped out of that portfolio and started a new one. I'll send a copy to where ever it needs to go.

Created a mundane human, no augments, 35 positive & 35 negative qualities, as many skill groups as I thought would apply to effectively run a tricked out rig, pilot aircraft & groundcraft, gunnery, & perception, 200 BP in the stats needed to rig, a street lifestyle with nothing else added, and a pair of 2/2 contacts. 400 BP total spent, no gear at this time. Locked the creation mode, no validation errors.

Add 5mill nuyen via the journal tab, no errors.

Buy the MIG-67, clicking the "Add & Close" button. Immediate Validation Error for the MIG, "Human: This selection is not permitted (all effects are ignored)".
Click the MIG's edit button to switch to the MIG, validation error is cleared.
Saved portfolio.

Openned the "Add Modifications" window and moved it to the left side of the screen to uncover the area where the validation icon is located.
Select "Weapon Mount" and click the "Customize" button.
Open the "Add Modifications" window for the weapon mount.
Select "Heavy Turret Mount", click "Add", immediate validation error.
Click "Close" on the Weapon Mount's "Add Modification" window.
Click "Add" button on the Weapon Mount's custimization window.
Click "Close" button on the vehicle modification window.

HL shows 6 slots spent of the MIG's available 18 slots.

Click the Error Icon to bring up the list. It shows the MIG has a validation error, "Implant Maintenance: You must add "Implant Maintenance" to the Subscriptions on one of your lifestyles."
Close the list.

There is no section in any tab for the vehicle that is named "Subscriptions". That's only found under the "Social" tab of the character the vehicle belongs to.

Return to the character via the button in the upper left corner.
Open the "Social" tab and click the edit button for the character's identity.
Open the "Add Subscriptions, Expenses and Income" window.
Select "Implant Maintenance" and click "Add & Close" button. Validation Error does not clear.
Close the identity editor window. Validation Error still present.
Use the Dashboard to switch back to the MIG. Validation Error does not clear.
Open the Weapon Mount's edit window. Validation Error mocks me.
Close the edit window.
Save the portfolio again, then save as under a new name.
Delete the weapon mount. Validation Error is cleared.
Save portfolio and do a save as again. We now have 3 portfolios: "Vehicle Test", "Vehicle Test A", and "Vehicle Test B".
Open the "Add Modifications" Window again. Note we've not moved off the MIG during any of these saves.
Select "Weapon Mount" again. Click "Add & Close" button. No validation error.
Save the portfolio, and another save as.
Open edit window for the weapon mount and the "Add Modifications" window.
Select "Heavy Turret Mount" and click "Add & Close" button. Validation Error appears.
Close the edit window.
Check the validation error, and it is the "You must add "Implant..." error again.

It looks like one, or more, of the handles, tags, identifiers, or what ever that was used for tracking the addition of wares on characters was re-used for tracking the mods to vehicle mods.
CeaDawg is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
SunRunner

Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:32 AM
Not really a Bug, but you added alot of the tweaking magic rules options from page 31 of street magic, but left out Adept Initiation which allows adepts to take an extra power point instead of a meta magic. Any possibility this can get added in? I am allowed to use this option and its the only thing holding me back from being able to have my character finally fully in Hero Lab right now.

Ok I figured it out have to hit the customize button and set stuff not just hit add and then modify.

Last edited by SunRunner; March 4th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
SunRunner is offline   #30 Reply With Quote