Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Muddyamoeba

Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:06 PM
Hi Everyone

I only just purchased Hero Lab, and wanted to swap from using my laptop at games to a much smaller foot print Ipad.
Currently I use custom created excel spreadsheet to keep a track of my character. The current benefit of this method is I have full control of what is displayed and how modifiers are applied.
The downside is that each new character needs to be rewritten from scratch. The basic structure remains the same, but new macros and formulas need to be added each time.
I found that hero lab provides a good basis to start from, but I need to add a few tweaks to make me more comfortable.

Here is what I need help with:
. Firstly is there a tutorial where I can learn how to script and add things into it for my self?

. The 'Bane' ability for weapons doesn't tie into the Ranger favoured enemy types. I'd like to modify it so it uses the same system.
. With my excel sheet I use a 'button' to select a enemy type and it automatically adds bane/favoured enemy bonuses if appropriate to weapon attack and damage, skills etc.
. Our group Paladin quite regularly uses Aura of Justice to give the other two fighters a conferred smite. In hero lab I'm using three separate adjustments to achieve that result, I'd like a single conferred adjustment to achieve the same result (obviously it would need a adjuster to input paladin cha/level)

.So basically what I'm trying to achieve is making my life simple, tick a box in the adjustments and everything automatically provides correct attack/damage stats without me having to remember to add 3-4 separate modifiers in each time.

Muddyamoeba is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 24th, 2018, 04:02 AM
First start with this thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688
That gives you some info on how the scripts are structured.
Spell adjustments may hold the key to what you want to make happen. Using the editor you can use New (copy) button to copy an existing spell adjustment and play with the code to get what you want. Should be some spells/abilities in there that you can use for this setup. You will most likely do this in the adjustment tab. Any time you use the editor for the first time, you will need to make a new USER file so you can save your work. After that you can continue to make updates on the same file you made or make new files as needed.

As far as coding that in it is possible, but I currently do not have the vision of the code to just lay upon you at this time. Perhaps do some digging and if you run into a block one of us can help you further along. Good luck.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; March 24th, 2018 at 04:04 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 24th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Within Hero Lab - on the Help tab, there is "Hero Lab Manual" and "Hero Lab Tutorial". Within the editor, on the Help tab, there is "Help with the Editor".
You can also look at the Hero Lab FAQ, and Hero lab Editor Questions

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 24th, 2018, 06:49 AM
ShadowChemosh's sig contains many useful links... find any of his posts (he has more than 10000 at this point).
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Muddyamoeba

Old March 31st, 2018, 04:31 PM
Ok Thanks I'll give them a go.
Muddyamoeba is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Muddyamoeba

Old March 31st, 2018, 10:24 PM
Quick update. I have scoured the multiple sources suggested. (So much information!)

I have managed to get the Aura of Justice working as expected, I tick a box that says 'EVIL Creature', then tick the Aura button, and it automatically adds the bonuses to attack and damage. (If Evil isn't selected it does nothing)
Quote:
~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
~ If we're not evil, get out now
doneif (hero.child[pMUDEvil].field[pIsOn].value = 0 )

~ Add to our attack bonus
hero.child[Attack].field[Bonus].value += 4

~ Add to our damage bonus
hero.child[Damage].field[tDamBonus].value += field[pAdjust].value

~ Add to our armor class
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value = maximum(4,hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value)
The above example uses the pAdjust field to select Paladin level. The fixed number 4 represents the Paladin's Charisma. (This is my next task to try and make this a variable)

The Evil box also auto adds +2 attack and damage to my modified Sunblade, this accounts for the improved bonuses vs Evil.
Quote:
~ If we're notevil, get out now
doneif (hero.child[pMUDEvil].field[pIsOn].value = 0 )

~ Add to our attack bonus
hero.child[iMUDSunBla].field[BonEnhance].value += 2
where iMUDSunBla is my modified sunblade

Now I just need to work out how to modify Tags using scripts, and I'll be good.

Edit: I think I've worked out the basics, I can modify a x2 crit. modifier to x3 using perform hero.child[iMUDSunBla].assign[wCritMult.3]
(while it doesn't really 'do' anything , it makes the sheet look nicer for me)
(Working on doubling the damage for this weapon under the same circumstances)

Also added a custom artifact the DM gave me.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted scripts but someone might see something of benefit in there.

Last edited by Muddyamoeba; April 1st, 2018 at 05:15 PM.
Muddyamoeba is offline   #6 Reply With Quote