Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

yuri

Old May 24th, 2006, 09:05 AM
When selecting Lore of Life Master of Stone reads as “Enemy unit takes 2D6 or 3D6 S5 hits” (correct). When you select that spell and do “show item info” it states that the hits are S4 (not correct).
Master of the Wood should be S4. Both “show item info” and spell description when selecting Lore of Life are wrong (state S5).
Rain Lord “show item info” needs to be fixed to reflect the book (several things are incorrect).
yuri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
osito

Old May 24th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I have not checked but it can have with the update of lore of Life that took place a while back....
osito is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
yuri

Old May 25th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I checked the rest of the lores and here is what I found:

Lore of Metal:
Bane of forged steel.
“Show item info” states that the unit is assumed to use fists or claws for the rest of the game, while the book states that the unit is assumed to use hand weapons for the rest of the game. This is important because the unit can still benefit from hand weapon and shield combination.

Lore of Beasts:
The Wolf Hunts
The book states nothing about the possibility of moving a unit towards the caster only towards the nearest enemy (which may be the same but not always), while spell description in the builder does.

Lore of Heavens:
Second Sign of Amul is cast on 5+
Uranon’s Thunder Bolt has no range (can be cast on any enemy unit on the table).
Comet of Casandora is cast on 10+

Lore of Light:
Karu’s Guardian Light is cast on 8+
yuri is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 28th, 2006, 06:44 AM
The lore of Heavens stuff all sounds like the difference between the book rules and the adjusted rules they put out a few years ago...
deathlynx is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
yuri

Old May 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I wouldn’t know. I play Dwarfs. All I did was compare with "the book".
yuri is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old May 30th, 2006, 02:05 PM
The lores in "the book" haven't really been used for the last two years. The revised lores are in the Chronicles and probably somewhere on the GW site.
GMTemplar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
yuri

Old June 8th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Bellow is a link to reference sheet for magic lores taken from Warhammer website (“Chronicles” section). It confirms everything I have written with the exception that Bane of forged steel may be also called Bane of forged metal... I am not clear on which one is correct.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w..._reference.pdf

I have also cross-referenced with magic cards posted on Warhammer website. The information is consistent.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...ds/default.htm
yuri is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 17th, 2006, 10:45 AM
i think the lores are right based on what was published in the chronicles books or whatever - there were changes made there to how some spells worked
robert is offline   #8 Reply With Quote