Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old April 18th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I know it's likely a big deal to implement, but just to put it out there...

It would be amazing if when I started to type "Dyst" in a snippet somewhere RW would suggest "Dystria Pellaeon" who is a topic in my almanac already.

I always get nervous that I'm going to mistype a name, and I always have to go scrolling to look up how to spell them.
MaxSupernova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 18th, 2014, 02:39 PM
How about if RW just defaulted to including all topics and aliases in its dictionary once the spellcheck feature is added?
Dr_Automaton is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
That's an interesting alternative.
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 18th, 2014, 06:47 PM
What that means, though, is that while typing, you can be constantly interrupted with suggestions for linking, especially if it does partial matches to longer entries.

While typing "kitchen", for example, you could be confronted with a list like

"Kitchen Chair
Kitchen Table
Tommy's Kitchen
Upstairs Kitchen
Downstairs Kitchen
Jimbo's Country Kitchen"

If you have to type the word kitchen three times in the same snippet, and you want matches / links for none.. that will get old very quickly.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old April 19th, 2014, 01:33 AM
I am not sure if I would like this. Usually these kind of options show the wrong words. If it is implemented I want to be able to shut it off.
Cornelius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 19th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Something along the lines of IntelliSense AutoComplete would be great. Probably a pain to implement, though. :)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Not sure how I feel about this one. I think it could be useful, but perhaps having a checkbox to enable/disable right as you're typing so if you're trying to put in something funky (I have a dragon named Fiwakiazian, for example) you could enable it to ensure you get it right.
weogarth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 18th, 2014, 09:04 PM
It would be very useful with a feature, that would work thusly:

When writing in an article/snippet/whatever one could hit a hotkey. Whatever is being written after that is being compared to all topics (in both story and world almanac) and will be presented in a dropdown menu under the cursor, making it easy to select.

Say I want to insert the name of a shop called Chandler's Weapon and Armour - or was it Chandler's Armour and Weapons? I don't recall, but as soon as I hit the hotkey and start typing "Chand" all the Chandler family members and the shop will appear in the dropdown menu and all I have to do is press arrow down till I highlight the wanted item, press enter and it is inserted in the text.

Pressing the hotkey again will turn of the function without doing anything.

So the solution would - IMNSHO - be a hotkey (user defined, of course) pressed right before entering a word.

The other solutions suggested here would be bothersome and less elegant, I fear.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; May 18th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
Vargr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 19th, 2014, 12:39 AM
That's exactly Visual Studio's IntelliSense AutoComplete with the automatic popup option turned off. (You type the start of a term and hit Ctrl-Space to get suggestions.)

With the automatic popup option enabled, it puts up a suggestion box based on what you're doing (you pause typing, you type a typical separator for the language, it has enough background CPU to do it, etc.)

It's changed over the years too, and there's a lot of little fiddly bits, but that's the gist of it.

Last edited by Parody; May 19th, 2014 at 12:46 AM.
Parody is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Yes. However, I would like to press a hot key and then start typing.

Then I don't have to worry how many letters to type before pressing the hot key.

Maybe that is just me.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #10 Reply With Quote