Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thrillba

Old September 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Got a question and if this is the wrong place please point me.

I am running the age of worms, and we are in the 6th installment ... or about to be.

I am creating moreto, a true ghoul. I started with a ghoul and added the proper levels needed, but I cannot give him improved critical because his base attack bonus is only +7.

what can i do to increase his base attack bonus, or do i have to create a new race?
thrillba is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
You would need to use the editor to change the values for the ghoul. I might suggest just creating a new race if the standard one doesnt work for you.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Or just ignore the rules and give it to him anyway.
Jhalad is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Could you be more specific about what's happening? The ghoul has 2HD of undead, giving it a BAB of +1 for the racial HD, but what other classes, etc. are you adding on? What should the total BAB of that combination be?

If the total for that combination isn't +7, then it's your call as a GM how you're going to fix the error in the statblock. Whether to just add the feat anyway and ignore the prereq, replace it with a different feat that he does qualify for, or change something else about the character (like an extra level or an additional HD) that will allow him to qualify for the feat.

Greyed out things in HL can be selected. They'll throw up an error, but they'll still function.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thrillba

Old September 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
He has 8 in sor and 2 in fight, I didn't want to add another level because it might be a little overpowered,

I can create a new race easily .. I have been doing it for a while with this campaign.

It is 3.5, so there are some things that are not in pathfinder.

Thanks for the reply's.
thrillba is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Even in 3.5, that character would have had a BAB of +7, and been ineligible for Improved Critical. This certainly isn't the last error you'll see if you're working with published statblocks, so it's your choice how to deal with it.

In terms of a new race, if all you want is a 3HD ghoul, the first item on the classes list should be "Additional HD".

If you wait a few days, the Magus playtest will be available in HL. A Ghoul Magus 10 has a BAB of +8 (although that does switch the spellcasting style from Sorcerer to something much more like a Wizard).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote