Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old December 29th, 2020, 07:43 AM
I've submitted 3.0 for release! FYI, I'm holding off on Spell Adjustments until the next release. There's a lot to do there, and I've already gotten started. But I'd rather get 3.0 and all its goodness out to everyone first, instead of holding it back while I start this new endeavor.

Special thanks to Mergon for all the work he did with the pre-release Artificer. He put in a lot of time with it, regardless of what I did or redid. Also thanks to jbearwillis for some groundwork he did on companions, which helped set the stage for the Primal Companion (which, in turn, allowed me to do all the other new companions in this release).

And thanks to all of you guys for continuing to support this! I don't know how many actual people use or enjoy the work I do, but I'm happy so long as it's helping someone.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #851 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old December 29th, 2020, 10:16 AM
Thank you for all your hard work, I am just glad it helped you figure out other things you needed to accomplish...
jbearwillis is offline   #852 Reply With Quote
peteday124

Old January 1st, 2021, 03:30 PM
Fenris447, I use the community pack all the time. I've been waiting for the update with bated breath. Thanks for all the hard work!
peteday124 is offline   #853 Reply With Quote
jhamby2000

Old January 3rd, 2021, 07:01 AM
how do i load in the new 3.0 community pack. i don't see it in the updates when i open herolab. sorry if dumb question.

ps
i just noticed the word submitted. so i guess that means it's waiting for approval or something.

Last edited by jhamby2000; January 3rd, 2021 at 07:34 AM. Reason: adding info
jhamby2000 is offline   #854 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2021, 12:25 PM
New 5e Pack released! Please give a big Thank You to Fenris447 for his fantastic job on getting this finished!

v3.0 Release January 3, 2021
NEW RELEASES
  • Acquisitions, Incorporated - Vehicles have been added. Add them as an item in the gear tab and they'll show up as a companion. Use the In-Play tab for adjusting the HP of the component pieces.
  • Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Infernal War Machines have been added. Add them as an item in the gear tab and they'll show up as a companion. Use the War Machine Upgrades tab to add upgrades or alternate weapons to the War Machine.
  • Eberron: Rising from the Last War - The release Artificer has been fully implemented, along with the three subclasses from this book. If you're a hero using an item infused by another character, use the Adjustment for that infusion.
  • Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Ships added. They can be added to your hero from the Gear tab, like any other item. They'll show up as a companion. Use the In-Play tab for adjusting the HP of the component pieces, and the Ship Upgrades tab to add upgrades to the ship.
  • Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
  • Custom lineage added - add it like any other race
  • Feats added
  • Sidekicks added - Add them as a class to an NPC.
  • Spells added - when you have the Summon spells selected, you can add the summoned creature to your Hero. Pick its type (subrace) and adjust the "Spell Level" in the In-Play tab to match what slot you summoned it at. Otherwise they default to the lowest level you could cast it at. If you receive the spell through something other than a class (scroll, item, etc.), add the "Summon Creature" adjustment to enable it.
  • Subclasses added
  • Variant Class Features added. Use the new Optional feature "Always show Tasha's Variants" to see the tab. Select what kind of variant features you want to use on your character and menus will dynamically update to show the options for your class.
  • Variant Racial Features added. Use the new Optional feature "Always show Tasha's Variants" to see the tab. Select what kind of variant features you want to use on your character and menus will dynamically update to show the options for your race. Note that ASI swaps must be done manually with the use of adjustments, as they're too dynamic to address programatically.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
  • All - The adjustment selection menu has been lightly reorganized for ease of use.
  • All - The sources of the 5e Community pack have been re-organized on the Configure Hero screen. UA and MTG sources will now appear underneath the 5e Adventures, which themselves have been put into release order.
  • All - A handful of deprecated things have been hidden. Some heroes will have to re-select some things, but this should be uncommon.
  • DMG - Added a new version of the Necklace of Prayer Beads, as the default one doesn't function properly. This will automatically replace that version.
  • DMG - An adjustment for "Training" has been added (see page 231 of the DMG). It adds 1 bonus feat and a skill proficiency to the hero.
  • DMG - Major/Minor Beneficial/Detrimental Artifact Properties have been updated to actually function. You'll want to delete out any that are selected in the epic boons tab and re-add them in the new Artifact Properties tab.
  • DMG - Blessings and Charms have been moved to the Supernatural Gifts tab, to align with how they're described in the DMG.
  • DMG - Changed firearms to act as "Special" proficiencies required. Though the book considers them martial, subsequent material has made it clear that proficiency with all martial weapons does not automatically equal proficiency with all firearms. To reflect that, they're now Special. The Gunner feat or the new Adjustment "Firearm Proficiency" can be added to the Hero to gain firearm proficiency if you so choose.
  • GGtR - Tireless Precision has been re-designed. See Known Issues if you are using a Vedalken currently.
  • MOoT - The Supernatural Gifts tab will now not show up automatically if you have the Mythic Odysseys of Theros source selected. Use the Optional Feature "Always Show Supernatural Gifts Tab" on the Configure Hero screen to see it. This change was made to cut down on clutter for people who want content from that book but don't want to use Supernatural Gifts.
  • SCAG - Bladesinging updated to match Tasha's, including the removal of the racial restriction. Spells also updated per Tasha's and Errata. Also hid magic items from Training in War and Song selection list, and removed the Spiked Armor's "weapon" from all selection lists as well.
  • UA Modern Magic - Updated to now include firearm proficiencies where appropriate. Note that there is no distinction between side arms and long arms in the DMG, so limitations should be imposed at DM and player discretion.

BUGS
  • All - Sources added to various items to prevent them from showing up without their source selected.
  • PHB - We had some duplicate spells from the SRD, like Fire Bolt and Hellish Rebuke. The community pack versions will now automatically replace the SRD versions, even if no sources are selected. You shouldn't even notice this fix happened, other than a reduction in duplicate spells.
  • SCAG - Corrected Spare the Dying version
  • XGTE - Fixed the language helper on the Cavalier

KNOWN ISSUES
  • GGtR - The old version of Tireless Precision doesn't automatically remove itself to use the new one. If you find yourself with extra proficiencies on your Vedalken, use the "Proficiencies" adjustment to display the tab of the same name. Right click and delete the skill and tool you originally chose for Tireless Precision, then re-choose them in the new Tireless Precision tab.
  • ERFLW/TCOE - Sometimes, infused items will not behave properly when equipped. Clicking/changing anything else on the hero will fix this immediately, but things may appear wonky for a second.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #855 Reply With Quote
jhamby2000

Old January 3rd, 2021, 02:21 PM
omg... thank you
jhamby2000 is offline   #856 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 4th, 2021, 08:15 AM
I'm so happy to have gotten this out to everyone! It's probably the biggest updated I've ever done. As I mentioned, Mergon and jbearwillis both did great work that helped me get this built.

Let me know here (via PM) or over on the Github issues page if you guys run into any bugs or problems.

I should have added in the patch notes that the vehicles require you to select their respective sources. The ships are a little special; actual items for the ships are part of the SRD/PHB, so you can select the items without selecting the Ghosts of Saltmarsh source. But the new vehicle "hero" will only show up if you select that source.

Also, just to clarify the patch notes further, all the bullet points in the New Release header that are under Tasha's are specifically from Tasha's. The formatting I did in the Github version of the patchnotes didn't carry over to here. Probably obvious to y'all, but just in case...

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #857 Reply With Quote
Apes_McGraw

Old January 5th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the hard work that went in to this!
Apes_McGraw is offline   #858 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 6th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Preview: Spell Adjustments

So I got a bunch of spell adjustments done. If you want to preview them, copy over these files from my branch on our GitHub:
  • COM_5ePack_PHB - Adjustments.user
  • COM_5ePack_TCoE - Spells.user
  • COM_5ePack_XGTE - Spells.user

Copying/Updating the files
Click on each of the files at the GitHub, then open the same file on your computer in Notepad. Copy the full text from the GitHub version and replace the entirety of the file on your computer. Save that file. Once you've replaced them all, save, close, and reload Hero Lab.

Spells included
  • Alter Self (just the natural weapons option)
  • Awaken
  • Barkskin
  • Darkvision
  • Elemental Weapon
  • Enhance Ability
  • Enlarge/Reduce
  • Guardian of Nature
  • Haste
  • Holy Weapon
  • Mage Armor
  • Magic Stone
  • Magic Weapon
  • Otherworldly Guise
  • Shadow Blade
  • Shillelagh
  • Skill Empowerment
  • Slow
  • Transformation

What other spells do you want adjustments for?
Because we already have some adjustments or other functions for them, spells that do simple things like Temp HP or a straight AC bonus won't get their own adjustments. Spells that summon particular creatures can mostly be done by adding such a creature through the Encounter Builder. I'm likely going to add a few things like Animated Object, Phantom Steed, and Tiny Servant to the Encounter Builder to work that way.

But are there other spells that you find yourself wishing you had a quick way to apply? Let me know so I can look into them for our next release.

And one more thing...
These files also add new adjustments to add Damage Resistance, Damage Immunity, Damage Vulnerability, and Condition Immunity to a Hero. I'm shocked they didn't already exist (and am a little afraid they DO and I missed them anyway), but now they're in. Enjoy!

Last edited by Fenris447; January 6th, 2021 at 02:20 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #859 Reply With Quote
TKort

Old January 7th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Hey! This is an amazing resource, thanks so much for maintaining it/updating it so well! I have noticed that the Blood Hunter class has changed quite a bit and I'm wondering if there are plans to bring it up to date. It seems like it would be a lot of work for an unofficial thing, but it's also a pretty popular option... Just wondering!
TKort is offline   #860 Reply With Quote