Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quinthalas

Old December 31st, 2011, 01:02 PM
I tried to do this for like 30 minutes and got irritated, searched the forum to no obvious avail, basically I want to make a human sorcerer 12th level w/ the extra spell favored class option but I cannot get it off the 0th level option for higher spells, help?
Quinthalas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:03 AM
yeah - If I understand correctly you are unable to select the extra spell for anything other than '0' level spells? I had this problem too and was a little tricky to work it out.

If this is the correct 'problem' you have to go to the tab 'in-play', and under the heading 'Activated Abilities' select the spell level you want the favoured class option to apply to.

hope this helps
jaynay27
Jaynay27 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM
If you click on the "?" it will let you known how to activate the option.
Angela2013 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2013 View Post
If you click on the "?" it will let you known how to activate the option.
What read the help? What are you some insane person from mars. Who reads help....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
hehe - yeah true, but when all else fails eh?

actually, that is how I eventually 'figured it out'.
Jaynay27 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DarkFlite

Old January 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Trying to make sure my 10th lvl human Sorcerer is all legit, having some trouble understanding the options.

I should be able to add one bonus spell known at each level via the "Favored Class" option. +1 Spell Known, spell must be one level lower than the max level known.

I know there is something I should be doing on the "In-Play" tab, but I can't quite seem to get the bonus spells to match what seems appropriate. And no matter what I choose I seem to get multiple errors on my character:

"You should only select this ability with a single favored class level. For additional levels, add more copies of this ability. That way, each time it is selected, it can be applied to a different level."

Can someone explain the proper way to add these? (Or explain why this seems so much more complicated than just taking bonus hit points or skill points?
DarkFlite is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old January 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ok - these are the steps I took and it seems to work:

1) Starting as a level 1 Sorcerer, select the Human Sorcerer favoured class option on the 'classes' tab (usually defaults to '+1 spell known: 0' in the drop down box. Under 'customize favoured class options' there should now be an entry 'Human Sorcerer: +1 Spell known: 0' appearing. TIP: click the ? next to this for more information.

2) Go to the 'In Play' tab and under 'Activated Abilities' there is an entry called 'Human Sorcerer' some selection arrows to the left. select the spell level you want this to apply to. (e.g - if you know 3rd level spells, then you manually need to select either, 0, 1 or 2 depending on the spell you want to acquire. for a 1st level Sorcerer, we leave this at '0' as this is the maximum).

3) Now for the tricky bit (this has caused me headaches a few times and usually causes the errors/Red entries). Use this when you gain levels above 1. ***Important*** when you add a new spell level, leave the default selection (+1 skill point or whatever) in the favoured bonus box, then follow these steps:

a) Firstly on the 'Classes' tab under 'Customize Favored Class Options' click the black text 'Customize Favored Class Options' and this should bring up a box where the option is 'Human Sorcerer'. Select 'add and close'. You should now have 2 (or more depending on your level), entries under 'Customize Favored Class Options', but the new entry will usually default to a new level 0 spell.

b) Now we have to go back to the top of the 'Classes' tab and select the new 'Favored bonus' from the drop-down box next to the class level it applies to. You should now be seeing multiple selections available to you in this drop-down field (all labelled +1 spell known and the levels), but the new one you added will still read '+1 spell known: 0'.

c) Once you have selected the new entry, we need to head to the 'In-Play' Tab again to tell Herolab what level the new option relates to. You should now have an extra entry under 'Activate abilities' and you can now select the level the new option relates to.

4) Once this is all done, select your new spells. I usually manually check how many spells I should have at each level to ensure I am not cheating or being undersold (got undersold once...grrr).

Note:steps b) and c) are a little tricky especially if you are selecting multiple level 0 spells. I had to guess which options on the in-play tab related to the options on the classes tab to ensure the right options on the classes tab matched the correct spell levels, but you will get there in the end.

I hope this helps you...took me a while to figure this out myself

Jaynay27
Jaynay27 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
umag

Old February 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I follow all these steps but there is never enough slots to choose from under the in play tab. This is really frustrating, when if ever will they fix the basics of Hero lab functionality. There really needs to be an easier way to do this. I keep hoping that with each update they will make these much needed fixes.
umag is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I also hope this will be fixed but I don't think it ever will be fixed. The eldrich heritage feats and the crossblooded sorcerer still have not been fixed. The eldrich heritage feats do nothing. I have noticed that when it comes to the sorcerer Lone Wolf does not care if it works or not. Maybe complaining to Paizo that things are not being done correctly would do something to fix the problem.
Dwayne is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 10th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Moved this to the Bug Reports thread.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote