Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Coinspinner

Old February 28th, 2019, 09:58 PM
I am creating a Western campaign and wanted to add a different rule set for duels. In addition to initiative I wanted to create a different bonus called "Wit" Which is your initiative plus half your Wisdom bonus (rounded up). Also, I wanted to have a weapon attack listed at exactly 60 feet (meaning PBS wouldn't get added, but far shot, distance on your weapon, etc. would). But I cannot for the life of me find where those are at to make copies and name them what I need. I have built a few items and weapons, as well as a custom race and two feats, but this part is really tripping me up.
Coinspinner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 1st, 2019, 09:06 AM
Bonus types are going to be difficult to add. The easiest way off hand is to create a "Skill" and set that to the value you are looking for. (I did something similar for the intimidate DC of my NPCs) As for the weapon attack, HL isnt really designed to factor range into the equation. That is why Point Blank requires you to toggle a checkbox. What you could do is create a custom weapon and adjust the stats to match what you are looking for. I did that for a sunder build I have. I called the second "weapon" "Sunder stats'
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Coinspinner

Old March 1st, 2019, 09:41 AM
Thanks. I'll try that workaround. If you ever come up with a better way for the weapon attack let me know.
Coinspinner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 1st, 2019, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinspinner View Post
Thanks. I'll try that workaround. If you ever come up with a better way for the weapon attack let me know.
You could probably play around with the scripts on the weapon. Check the hero for feat activation (IE If PBS is enabled, decrement the attack and damage on said weapon)
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Coinspinner

Old March 1st, 2019, 06:30 PM
Yeah. I spent some time trying to work that through. The problem is that this is something all PCs and NPCs can participate in (duels that is), and with any ranged weapon they have (bows, firearms, crossbows, throwing weapons, spells, etc.). So, I think for now, I am just going to have to have players calculate out their attack for duels (60 feet), and have that just be in the personal section notes. Then if that number changes (permanent effects, weapon upgrades or changes, leveling, feats, etc.), they can update the info but still have it quickly accessible when needed.

Running through demoing the rules, it was tough to calculate on the fly and not distract from the other fun things going on in the duel. So I thought, that number needs to be somewhere, and then only a temporary effect would change it.
Coinspinner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 5th, 2019, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
(I did something similar for the intimidate DC of my NPCs)
Is this something you'd share? I really could use it in my campaigns, and have been very rusty at HL coding. Please and thank you!
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 5th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Is this something you'd share? I really could use it in my campaigns, and have been very rusty at HL coding. Please and thank you!
as for eval scripting its as simple as:
Code:
field[skTotal].value = 10 + herofield[tHitDice].value
at final 10,000, setting linked attribute to wisdom and checking the must add manually box.

Getting it for all NPCs is as simple as creating a mechanic with a conditional bootstrap of CharType.typNPC
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 7th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Thanks!
Lord Magus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote