Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wheelercub

Old August 29th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I've been researching this myself and found the following Psionics Handbook. It's been vetted by the Reddit community and contains all 20 levels of the Mystic class originally presented by Wizards of the Coast. Along with help from the community, the author took the class to next level status and after playing a Psionic character, I highly recommend it. I'm hoping we can get someone from the community to add it to the Community pack. I have been trying myself, but I'm completely new to adding class content and it's been a very slow process. Check it out here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b...BVRDVOXzA/view

Here's the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnearthedAr...ntinuation_of/
wheelercub is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 29th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Easiest way to ask the community pack team for help is through the GitHub.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/new
daplunk is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 29th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I've done the UA: Mystic v2 (up to 10th level) for my own use. Several people have asked for it. I have plans to clean it up and upload it to github but lately something is always coming up to push it aside <sigh>.

daplunk:

I can upload my own file, but the labels are all created with my SOE instead of the Community Packs 5E . . .

I'll look at the reddit article. If it is genuinely an extension of the Unearth Arcana article I'll update my fine to include it. If not, and I like what I see enough to user it for my own use, I'll create a 2nd .user file & label to extend my original file.

This is all barring further delays of course. :/

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!

Last edited by Mergon; August 29th, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
Mergon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old August 30th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I'd be in favor of seeing the 1-20 version of the Mystic as well as the psionic feats added.
Hansmo is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 1st, 2016, 06:26 AM
I did all the class and subclass work last night in Hero Lab and it seems to be working like a charm, allowing you to select one of the 4 Psionic variants at level 1. Next I have to add all the Talents as level 0 Psionic Cantrips, and then the Disciplines along with their respective schools. This part should be easy.

The only thing I'm stuck on is the level 1 Fighting Style for the Mystic - School of the Knife variant/sub-class. I have to find a way to allow players to choose between Two-Weapon Fighting, Great Weapon Fighting, or Single Weapon Fighting styles. I can't find the right hooks or Class Abilities to do this properly in HL, so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.
wheelercub is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
yrtalien

Old September 1st, 2016, 06:41 AM
Wheelercub

I would love to get this when you are done with it. I just found the Mystic stuff up to 20 and it seems to work really well and I would like to intro it in my next game. The only thing stopping me is that I can't use HeroLab to make characters, not a deal breaker but I would like to be able to.
yrtalien is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 1st, 2016, 12:20 PM
@yrtalien do you mean you cannot create your own custom character content in Hero Lab or that you can't use the basic character sheet tools in Hero Lab? I'm more than happy to share my data file with the community when I'm done. I've already created some custom feats, spells, and magic items. And now this 20 level Mystic (Psionic) character class.
wheelercub is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
yrtalien

Old September 2nd, 2016, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelercub View Post
@yrtalien do you mean you cannot create your own custom character content in Hero Lab or that you can't use the basic character sheet tools in Hero Lab? I'm more than happy to share my data file with the community when I'm done. I've already created some custom feats, spells, and magic items. And now this 20 level Mystic (Psionic) character class.
I'm a ludite... I have managed to create a few custom things in Pathfinder but 5E is weird... and I've never successfully managed to create a class.
yrtalien is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 6th, 2016, 08:30 AM
It's not terrible and pretty easy for the most part. It gets a bit tricky when you have to manage custom feats or choosing from multiple special abilities that also have to affect the character's combat statistics. I've finished adding all the classes from the Psionic Handbook, added the Talents as level 0 Mystic Spells, and have added 1/3 of the Psionic Disciplines as level 1 spells because Disciplines unlock higher powered options as you level up. For spell points, I simply gave the Mystic that "Full Caster" option and you would choose "Use Power Points" on the Hero Configuration page and the spell slots get transferred pefectly to Power Pts. Still the only problem I have is creating a Fighting Style multi-select for "School of the Knife" Mystics. The copying the class ability from Fighters or Rangers, doesn't actually work in HL, so I'm completely stumped on how to make this happen. I can tweak existing scripting fairly well, just don't know all the hooks to make up my own script for this.
wheelercub is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 9th, 2016, 04:12 PM
I don't suppose you have anything shareable at this point do you?
Hansmo is offline   #30 Reply With Quote