Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Magus

Old July 27th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Please have any DR, Fast Healing and Regeneration be listed on the In Play tab, underneath HPs, so players (and GMs) don't forget them when entering damage.
Lord Magus is offline   #511
BigDoug

Old July 28th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I have an experience group or roleplayers (and HeroLab users); however, as most of you are aware the legendary & epic level material for Pathfinder is simply non-existent. We are going to attempt to create some and play test it. That brings me to my question/feature request:

Custom Experience Point Tables

I see in the editor where I can change the existing tables; however, it would be nice if we could create a new table and add it as an experience point progression option (which can be selected like Pathfinder Society Experience).

Pathfinder works on the theory that levels progression costs are multiplicative beyond level 20 (and I agree that they should be for a single class character. However, I currently have 2 players who are career level 21 - 11 Fighter/10 Sorcerer and 12 Cleric/9 Barbarian. I would like to create level progression tables that do not use the standard multiplier system but use a custom multiplier based on what class your are trying to increase.

As an example Hero Lab tells you when you can advance a level (when you have the experience needed) but I would like the custom experience charts to require different experience for these two scenarios:

1) Career Level 20 going to 21 when the character class level is 20 going to 21.
2) Career Level 20 going to 21 when the character class level is NOT YET 20.

This system would return the power to multiclass characters that was stolen from them in 3.5 (and other d20 systems); but only once they reach epic levels.

Any input on implementing this idea would be greatly appreciated. Please remember that we are attempting to create content for epic & god level characters so the chances are we will break it many, many, many times before we get it working.

-Doug

Last edited by BigDoug; July 29th, 2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Typographical error
BigDoug is offline   #512
Fuzzy

Old July 29th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Please have any DR, Fast Healing and Regeneration be listed on the In Play tab, underneath HPs, so players (and GMs) don't forget them when entering damage.
I'd go a step further, and have an 'Apply' button on Fast Healing and Regeneration displays.
Fuzzy is offline   #513
Jamz

Old July 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'd go a step further, and have an 'Apply' button on Fast Healing and Regeneration displays.
True dat.

+1

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #514
Hedrik

Old August 17th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Got this trait coded, compiles and works, apparently.

Code:
~ Add +1 Trait Bonus to our damage to devils and followers of Asmodeus

#situational[hero.child[Damage],"+1 damage to devils and followers of Asmodeus",field[thingname].text]
However the text doesn't appear when hovering over the damage fields.

Any possibility of getting this into HL, figure its worth asking as we have a bunch of other new shiny stuff?

Pretty please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedrik View Post
I have the same issue with Speed.
{bump} Any thoughts on these?
Hedrik is offline   #515
Echuir

Old September 22nd, 2014, 04:25 AM
I would like to request that along with the +1/2 XP, +1 XP check boxes that another box be added "+3 XP" to accommodate for Modules that give 3 XP.

Thank You
Echuir is offline   #516
Dragnmoon

Old September 22nd, 2014, 09:12 PM
Might as well add a +2 xp as well for those that don't quite finish the Modules and +1 1/2 for those on the slow track in modules.
Dragnmoon is offline   #517
kinevon

Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echuir View Post
I would like to request that along with the +1/2 XP, +1 XP check boxes that another box be added "+3 XP" to accommodate for Modules that give 3 XP.

Thank You
This was requested quite a while back, and the response given was that the current setup for PFS was fine, with just the two options offering the flexibility needed to cover all eventualities, like 1/2, 1, 1-1/2, 2, and 3, using the offered 1/2 & 1 XP options.

Up side: Great flexibility with only two entries.
Down side: It can take up to three copies to enter a module.
kinevon is offline   #518
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:22 AM
kinevon, that is not what we've said previously about the PFS XP.

What's been said before is that once we can figure out how to offer all six of the necessary options in a way that's understandable to a new user, and simple to use, we'll implement that. Until we can figure out a good UI for that, the current system of adding multiple journal entries for a module is good enough.
Mathias is offline   #519
kinevon

Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
kinevon, that is not what we've said previously about the PFS XP.

What's been said before is that once we can figure out how to offer all six of the necessary options in a way that's understandable to a new user, and simple to use, we'll implement that. Until we can figure out a good UI for that, the current system of adding multiple journal entries for a module is good enough.
From one of the previous threads that covered this, Pathfinder Bug Reports - Version 6.18, from 2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The alternative is to confuse new users with five or six different XP options to choose from - 1, 2 (adventure you died in), 3, and the slow speed versions of each. In my opinion, it's better to add three entries for each module than to make it harder to understand and to make the +1 button harder to find among that grid for those entering a normal scenario.
There was no response from LW in the New Pathfinder Society Factions and PFS rules thread when it was brought up there, in 2011.

My apologies if I oversimplified your answer from before.
kinevon is offline   #520
Closed Thread