Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

joegood666

Old November 7th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Woo hoo! I started prepping my game for tonight and was told there was an update! And it fixed all my stuff!

Thanks, AncientOne, and welcome back!
joegood666 is offline   #371 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old November 8th, 2017, 11:32 AM
So good to have you back, AO! Your sheet is by far my favorite!!!
mastratton is offline   #372 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old November 13th, 2017, 06:44 AM
AncientOne, is there a way to have the items populate into the various containers that they are placed in?
thaX is offline   #373 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 13th, 2017, 07:26 AM
No. That information is not available in the XML document that HL produces. Please file a bug report on that and maybe it'll get done!
Azhrei is offline   #374 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old November 13th, 2017, 09:08 AM
The problem is that the normal sheet doesn't have the containers list the items under it like this sheet does (If they were not empty)

It lists the things in <> after the item, getting cut off from the line after it reaches the end. I was hoping Ancient one would be able to use the info in the <> to place the items.

It is something that may go on the wish list. The ability to see PP and powers from Psionics would be nice also.

Last edited by thaX; November 13th, 2017 at 09:12 AM.
thaX is offline   #375 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 13th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Believe me, this is the most common request I get and I'd love to implement it!

The information you see on the built-in character sheet (with the <> bit saying what the container is) isn't available to custom character sheets. I.e., the built-in character sheet is implemented by a totally different mechanism that's internal to Hero Lab and it has access to extra data.

Please send a bug report email to LW to add your voice to the list of folks who would like to see custom output have access to equipment-container info.

In the meantime, there is a workaround:
  1. Enable "On-Sheet Controls" in the Control Panel.
  2. Drag and drop each item to the container you want it in.
  3. Disable "On-Sheet Controls."

I emphasize that this is a workaround. If you refresh the HTML page or regenerate the character sheet from Hero Lab, you will have to repeat this workaround. I typically do this and then print the sheet to PDF as a way of "locking in" this work.
AncientOne is offline   #376 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old November 23rd, 2017, 02:31 PM
Reported the bug about that and some other niggles. I think it will be a bit before they get to me to reply, the last patch did a number to Herolab.
thaX is offline   #377 Reply With Quote
Larathiel

Old July 27th, 2018, 09:07 PM
I ran into a truly bizarre problem today with this sheet. When I try to save custom output using AncientOne's 4.14, all of my characters output correctly EXCEPT for a brand new one I just made using content from Occult Adventures.

On this character, the only thing visible on the resulting web page is "Need Help?" and a link to this thread.

If I remove the character's levels in Occultist, the sheet renders properly, but considering that's her primary class, you might see how that's a bit of a problem.

Any idea what could be going on and how I can render my character properly? I've attached her HL portfolio in case that can help.
Attached Files
File Type: email Sindariel Lammontari.por (86.6 KB, 1 views)
Larathiel is offline   #378 Reply With Quote
Doskious

Old October 28th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I love this sheet and the options it presents. Is it available in some fashion that does not rely on mid-render-javascript to obtain the results?

I'm presently working on trying to develop a plugin for a VTT program called GMForge that will target a specified portfolio and Hero, yoink out the relevant XML, parse it through an XSLT, and spit out a rendered character sheet. I have working code that will do this, and had hoped to use this sheet, but doing so causes the rest of the application to break.

GMForge is an electron-based app that runs via node.js and renders the VTT, chat, and entire interface using HTML5 and javascript (a lot of jQuery, in fact), and the JS that's built into this sheet that makes it render correctly appears to have gratuitously major conflicts with the JS setup necessary to run GMForge.

Taking the post-render HTMLwould be ideal, but I can't seem to find a way to get javascript to apply the on-sheet scripted JS in a context that is divorced from the electron UI. All of the resources I can find seem to indicate that the only ways to address this are to either re-write the XSLT to not rely on JS, or employ some kind of in-between service that performs a headless render before handing the resulting HTML off to the ajax request. As I don't think that the plugin framework for GMForge entails an easy deployment option for such a service, I was hoping that someone might have a non-JS version of the XSLT...

^__^;

EDIT: Or I could think to un-encode the Base64-encoded rt_complete.js section and discover that, say, maybe, 99% of my work (parsing a HeroLab-based Pathfinder character into a JS-friendly array) has been done for me... Wow, I feel silly. ZOMG, I *love* this sheet!

Last edited by Doskious; October 28th, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
Doskious is offline   #379 Reply With Quote
Kysa

Old December 28th, 2018, 04:00 PM
FYI, the climb speed isn't printing on the form. I am playing a catfolk who took Climber, and it's not showing. I even tried to add it in as an adjustment and it's still not showing on the form. The field is also not editable.

Thanks!
Kysa is offline   #380 Reply With Quote